Chapter 8

3rd person's POV
Two days had passed, and Maddie had finally finished making a human.

She grinned once they stood up and blinked a bit to adjust to the light.

"Hmm... Now what should I call you..." She muttered to herself.

The human jolted once they saw her and stared at her with wide eyes.

"Are you- what are you?"

Maddie raised an eyebrow and said. "What's it look like?"

The human stayed silent and the frog continued to think of a name.

After a bit of thinking, she had finally come up with a name.

"Mia!" She exclaimed.

'Mia' had looked at her confused.

"That's your name." Maddie clarified.

The girl nodded slowly and looked away.

"Where are we?"

"Well, uh- moving on."

"I want you to meet someone, but you'll be doing that by yourself, alright?"

Mia hesitated before agreeing.

"Alright, good."

~Time Skip...~
Mia uncomfortably shifted in front of a unfamiliar house she had never seen.

"Hmm... Should I knock?" She whispered to herself.

But before she could think more on that, the door had sprung open which made her jolt a little.

There standing in front of her was Anne, with a confused and bewildered look.

"Who are you?" They both had said at the same time.

Anne couldnt help but be a little annoyed, why was this random girl asking her who she was when she was here longer? She was sure she would've noticed another human if she had been here long.

"Uh... I guess I'll go first, I'm Mia." She said with a hesitant smile.

Anne had felt a wave of sadness at that smile, it reminded her of Marcy.

She quickly shook her head and scolded herself in her mind for thinking of her taken best friend.

"I'm Anne." She muttered to the other girl.

Mia smiled, and Anne closed the door behind her.

"So... Not to be rude or anything but- how'd you get here? I've never seen you around and you look like a human?"

Mia opened her mouth to say something but cut herself off when a frog had ran passed her which made her stumble, but thankfully Anne caught her as she landed in her arms as the brunette uncomfortably blushed.

Marcy and Sasha had finally decided to check on Anne, as the raven-haired girl thought about what the blonde said the other day.

"It's okay, I understand you were just missing Anne and you just- saw her in me, but I'm not your soulmate, she is."

She had blushed at the thought, and realized, maybe Sasha was right.

She had glanced at the other girl, but when she did, she wasn't looking back at her, she was just staring forward with a look of shock on her face.

Marcy followed her gaze but once she did, she froze and felt a sinking in her stomach.

She didn't know what she was more shocked at, the fact that there was another human, or the fact Anne and her looked so close, especially with the blush on Anne's face.

She felt a new feeling she had never felt before and it overwhelmed her greatly that she had to turn away and leave before she cried.

Sasha had tore her eyes away from the scene in front of them and instead looked at Marcy with concern.

"Marcy-" She had said but she shut her mouth once the raven-haired girl sprinted off.

"Marcy?! Marcy!" She had called after her, but by then, she was already gone.

She sighed but looked back at Anne, as she felt anger bubbling inside her.

How dare she replace Marcy with this random girl.

Sasha marched up to the two with clenched fists, and once they heard her, they looked up with wide eyes and jumped apart.

"Sasha? What are you-" She said, but before she could finish, the other girl slapped her and slammed her against the house.

To be continued...