II: Fate

Tian Ya Ke Week 2022 - Day 2
~ Prompt: Canon Divergence

Story where Zhou Zishu and Wen Kexing already met and fell in love with each other before Zhou Zishu left Tian Chuang.

This is kind of a prequel to another short story I wrote for "Kinktober on the Mountain" last year. You can read the next part of the story here: 

PART 1:
https://www.wattpad.com/1142245026-of-soulmates-and-love-tian-chuang

PART 2:
https://www.wattpad.com/1143919300-of-soulmates-and-love-ghost-valley

----------

Human's heart was as fickle as a flickering candle. A wavering will might swirl into persistence when circumstances pleaded for it. Likewise, an iron-hard determination might sway in the face of unprecedented happenstance.

A little town at the foot of Mount Feng Ya fell into slumber as darkness fell upon its roofs. The bustling crowd wandering the streets during the day was nowhere to be seen. Save for the lanterns of guards patrolling the night, most houses had been engulfed in shadows, their inhabitants had long retired.

There was an inn standing at the center of the town. It was neither grand nor in shambles, just an ordinary tavern where passing travelers could stay to rest their exhausted legs and fill their empty stomach. There were rooms lining on the second floor, partly empty and partly occupied. As for what matters the visitors inhabiting those chambers were engaging in this late in the night, nobody was idle enough to care about it.

It was one of the rooms in this guesthouse. Though it couldn't very well be seen from outside, there was still a faint light glowing within, a lone candle just enough to ensure that it would not be pitch black in the room. The cool breeze whirling from the hills sometimes seeped through the gaps between the tightly shut windows. Nevertheless, though it should be more than enough to make one shiver and curl under the blanket, apparently the inhabitants of this particular chamber were too occupied by something else to notice the cold.

Behind the humble gauze canopy, two shadows could be seen overlapping on the bed; the sound of moans and panting leaking through the curtains.

One hovering above, the other lying below with both legs spread in resignation, a pair of men was so deeply submerged in pleasure that it looked as though the whole wide world mattered little more than nothing in their eyes. The one above appeared to be not so much older than thirty years old; his features were sharp and handsome, with a wan complexion and a pair of unnerving dark eyes that made him look rather inhuman. The other was only slightly younger than him; the lines of his face were striking, the slope of his nose elegant and his lips thin. Beneath his long and thick eyelashes, there was a pair of black spheres, the color deep and undiffused. He was no less handsome than the first one, yet in the visage that clearly portrayed everything there was to be had in a man, there was an inexplicable charm that—when combined with his pale complexion—made him appear surprisingly delicate.

On their bodies, various scars old and new were carved, never to disappear.

They were kissing deeply, the one lying below had his arms wounded around the other's back as he let the older man ravish his inside to his heart's content, while the latter earnestly embraced him as though afraid he might slip away from his grasp. Locks of black hair were scattered and tangled; despite the fact that their intercourse defied the law of nature, it was evident that they were just a pair of lovers immensely infatuated with each other.

Relationship between men was something frowned upon by society, but in this era there were ultimately no laws banning the practice; the engagement would only result in gossip and mockery at the very worst. And yet when one of this love-struck couple was the master of a den of vicious criminals that was the Ghost Valley, while the other was the leader of the Emperor's secret assassination and espionage organization that was the Window of Heaven, things wouldn't be as easy to accept as if they were to be a pair of commoners.