Chapter 31

*Netero, Mara and Meruem, accompanied by all the chimera ants, collectively return to the palace. Unbeknownst to Meruem, Mara invited Komugi who was somewhere amongst the crowd with Hina.

As she disembarks the airship, Mara holds onto the fabric of her deep crimson gown, ensuring the cloth doesn't drag on the floor. The dress is adorned with a golden floral embroidery that acts as a corset around her chest and slowly trickles down the gown.

As she takes a look around the newly rebuilt palace, Mara is taken by surprise as her gown matches the decorations scattered around the grounds.*

Mara

"Dad, did you gift me my dress knowing the color scheme!?"

*Netero grind mischievously, Meruem only sighing as he's gotten used to Netero's antics over the last two weeks.*

Netero

"You can thank Bean for that. It's a shame he couldn't be here, but all the preparations are his doing."

Meruem

"What are all the chairs on the front lawn for? And those boxes on each one?"

Netero

"All the attendees will have their own remote to vote with and a place to sit while we give our speeches. They do elections like this in a couple other small countries, isn't that neat?!"

Mara

"I can only imagine the spectacle..."

*Meruem, Netero, and Mara make their way to the second floor of the palace. They make their way to a balcony that overlooks the front lawn. On the balcony is a microphone, along with a small screen that'll be used to project the results of the vote. Across the way from the balcony a camera crew is set up, broadcasting the address to the world.

Pitou, Pouf, and Youpi have all taken their respective posts, guarding the palace while the event commences. The three stay within earshot so they too can hear the address. Morel, Knov, Knuckle, Shoot, and some of the other human allies are all glued to their televisions, eagerly awaiting the address.*

Netero

"Mara, I know you've had quite the change of pace the last couple weeks. Are you sure you're up for this?"

Mara

"Honestly, I'm not sure. It's reassuring to have you two by my side though. What I do know is that I want to aid the people of East Gorteau in any way I can, so I suppose there's no time like the present."

*Meruem takes Mara's hand.*

Meruem

"We'll both have our work cut out for us, but that's a fate I'm more than willing to accept if it means atonement."

*Netero smiles, and the three watch as citizens start to arrive. Many mill about, socializing with the chimera ants on the front lawn. Once the lawn has seemingly reached its capacity, everyone starts to take their seats. With that queue, Netero steps up to the microphone.*

Netero

"Good day everyone. For those of you who do not know me, my name is Isaac Netero. I am the chairman of the Hunters Association, and I was tasked with the extermination of the chimera ant species."

"As you can tell, things did not go according to plan. Upon my arrival to this palace, I was reunited with my long-lost daughter. She was captured by the former Supreme Leader, experimented on and abused for nineteen years of her life in a bid to tap into her power: the golden resonation."