Chapter 30

*Tucking his phone back in his pocket, Netero walks back into the ballroom to find most people awake. He spots Mara and Meruem sitting together, Pitou redressing Mara's bandages. Netero makes his way over to them, a mischievous smile playing on his lips.*

Netero

"Good morning love birds! Sleep well?"

*Flustered, Mara quickly turns around, a blush dusting her face.*

Mara

"Dad!!"

Pitou

"Mara, careful! Your wounds will open up!"

Netero

"Tch you're no fun! I've been missing out on pleasures such as embarrassing you for nineteen years now, I've got to make up for lost time~"

*Finished with their handiwork, Pitou steps back. Mara precariously stands, Meruem quick to support her.*

"Really Mara, I cannot believe you're here in front of me... it's still surreal..."

*Mara smiles and goes in for a hug. The two embrace, Mara melting into the touch of her father. Netero's hand accidentally puts pressure on her wound, sending a sharp pain shooting through Mara's body.*

Meruem

"Be gentle with her!"

Netero

"Ah apologies!"

Mara

"It's no worries, Pitou's pain killers should hopefully kick in soon."

*Netero sighs sheepishly, Meruem waiting expectantly for Netero to say something.*

Netero

"Oh it almost slipped my mind! The Zodiacs should be arriving shortly, I'll start to get everyone to congregated on the front lawn."

*Mara nods and Netero leaves to make his rounds. Mara sits back down, Meruem holding her hand in support. The two watch as Hina comes up to them.*

Hina

"Good morning! Would you two like something to eat or drink?"

Mara

"That'd be lovely, thank you Hina. How are you doing?"

Hina

"I'm alright thank you. A couple of the arrows grazed me but nothing serious!"

*Hina stands with her hands on her hips, a playfully proud look on her face. She soon hands out rations to Mara and Meruem who bid their thanks.

The two sit down to eat, the sound of an approaching airship filling the room. Netero takes this as his queue to exit the palace, everyone else slowly filing out behind him.

The Zodiacs exit the airship and gather on the front lawn, watching as Netero exits the decimated palace. Following him are Mara and Meruem, then the royal guards, and finally a crowd of chimera ants and humans united as one. Gon, Killua, and Zeno walk down the staircase together.*

Zeno

"Gon, did you know your father is a Zodiac?..."

*Gon turns to look at Zeno, completely quiet. He starts speeding up, walking to Ging without waiting for Killua. Killua starts to leave and catch up, but Zeno catches his shoulder.

Gon and Ging reunite in private while Mara and Meruem are introduced to the Zodiacs. Bean comes up to Netero.*

Bean