Chapter 7: Wedding Night!

Começar do início

The bright white moon then descendent to the cloudless horizon, full of illuminating light that blessed the earth with its silver radiance. The night is breathtaking, along with the moon and stars above. They are like a canvas that grace sky.

The perfect evening for a wedding.

The shrine is now decorated with red veils and bright lanterns. White and red flowers are everywhere to be seen, as well as beautiful paper origamis. Umbrellas and fans also ornamented the shrine and it symbolize protection and prosperity to the new weds.

The shrine maidens are already assembled and the shrine priestess have everything done. The Hashiras are in their positions, lined up for the wedding parade as guests and peers.

Kyojuro have his nichirin sword hidden under his garment and is more than ready, as he stood high in his place. Now, the only person they are waiting is the mysterious lucky bride... and it didn't take long for the bride's carriage to arrive at the Shrine's entrance.

As the shrine maiden slowly unravel the carriage red curtain, a certain Love Hashira couldn't contain her excitement as she intensely eyed the scene with her pink dusted cheeks. Some Hashira's are also rooting for this moment, they could finally meet the mysterious bride that volunteered to be a demon's bait.

Time then felt slow when the bride finally stepped out, and let the bell of her Okobo sandal ring at the silence as she let her feet kissed the ground with elegance.

Snow-white hair then came into view, it is tied into a beautiful low bun with several red and gold floral ornaments styling the brides hair like a garden of snow.

Her lips are coated with crimson taint that rivaled the rose, and she wear a lovely wedding kimono embroidered with velvety white flowers, paired with a red haori garnished with gold and silver imprints. Though a smile never graced her face, she looks stunning like a star.

Kyojuro's flame-like eyes then clashed with a pair of deep azure irises, and his smile slowly fell as his breath hitched. He knows those familiar blue eyes very well like the back of his hand. Its her, its really her - he had no doubt about it.

For years of waiting, he finally saw her. She grew into a fine lady but nothing really changed her beautiful features that Kyojuro have come to love. After all of the long years, they meet again. And a gentle smile formed its way to the Flame Pillar's lips.

"Oh my~ what a beautiful bride." Shinubo complimented.

"Looks like you caught yourself a flamboyant white flower." Tengen commented as he grinned while patting Kyojuro's back.

The shrine maidens are currently attaching the bride's large headwear, covering her snow-white hair, as a tradition and a belief of protection to hid the bride from evil spirits.

"She's so pretty." Mitsuri squeaked. "I love how this night filled the air with romance."

"Don't you think she's pretty, Iguro-san?" Mitsuri then asked.

Whilst the Serpent Hashira only replied with silence, clearly not interested. Along with Giyu and Sanemi.

"How many stars did I count again?" The Mist Hashira muttered as he continued to gaze at the night sky full of stars, not really paying attention.

"May the bride be blessed with happiness and good fortunes." Gyomei prayed.

When the shrine maidens finally prepared the bride, she then walked towards Kyojuro and stopped by his side. Music started to play as a sign of the parade to begin.

Chiha then opened a large red umbrella and raised it above to cover the groom and the bride as she stood behind them. The guests then follow their line up, while the shrine maidens and priestess lead the parade.

The beautiful music continued to sing with the drum's rhythms and the shamisen strings. Feet then started to move as the parade motioned towards the shrine's garden, where the marriage ceremony will be held under the kiss of the moonlight.

During the slow march, the Hashiras didn't let their guard one bit. They intensely scan every corner of the vicinity, while others didn't take their eyes off the bride. If she vanished, they will be the one at fault and she will end up like the other poor brides in the demon's claw.

Even Kyojuro keep glancing at his bride, to make sure she is still there. He had finally found her and he don't want to let her disappear, again. He wants to hold her so badly but he had to restrict and compose himself. She might not even remember him, and his sudden act will surely startle her.

When they where about halfway of the parade, Kyojuro then notice the bride looking upward, she's looking intently under the umbrella. It seems like she is searching for something.

"Is there something wrong?" Kyojuro asked, concerned.

"No." She replied, lowering her head.

It's the first time that she spoke tonight, and Kyojuro smiled upon hearing her cold yet gentle voice again. Her voice became slightly deeper but the way she spoke is still the same when they were young. Everything felt like a dream but he knew his in reality. A dream come true.