-(37) draco draco draco

Start from the beginning

"Zilliah", Severus calls out to her again. "Just-"

"Leave", she grits out, not once letting go of Draco's face. She could never let go.

"No-"

"Leave, Severus", she raises her voice, through the breaths she now realises were shaky.

"No, Zilliah. Look, he's moving."

She lifts her head and it at Severus, blinking through the tears that seemed to have welled up in her eyes. "What?"

"Look", he points and her eyes follow his finger, landing upon Draco's fingers, slightly reaching out for the hem of her sweater.

There's a wave of utter relief slamming against the walls of her heart as she feels another tear fall down her face. She clutches him harder and meets their forehead again. "That's it, fight. Draco, fight for me. Please don't give in."

"Zi- Zill..", she can make out a low rasp, one that is even lower than a quiet whisper. His eyes remain closed but she can see the strain of the nerves on his throat and forehead.

She snaps her head back at Severus, his jaw taut, his eyes narrowed. "Call Madam Pomfrey. What the hell are you waiting for?!"

"I don't think this has anything to do with Madam Pomfrey."

"What the fuck-"

In three large strides, Severus reaches her and pulls her hands off of Draco, rolling up her sleeves as he does. She feels a sizzling pain as the fabric brushes abruptly against her skin and in horror does she find her veins darkening on her arm.

"I have told you a million times", Severus' voice is deadly low, each word seething like pure poison. "A million times, Zilliah. You are not to use your powers."

"But I didn't-", she mumbles more to herself than to him, in complete shock. The scent of medicine and fruits hover about in the air. But in her heart, it's only the pages of a book, the comforting scent of Draco. "I swear, I didn't."

Severus tilts his face slightly, not once believing her. "You cannot do this. You're putting yourselves in grave danger."

"I did not do it intentionally."

"Stop lying to me!", Severus rages out, his voice low despite it. Controlled anger.

She retreats her hand from his strong grip, feeling the pain only build up. "I'm not lying", she hisses back, meeting his eyes with the same amount of coldness and rage.

"You're telling me you used no incantation?"

"I don't even know the fucking incantation."

"Zilliah, you have to stop lyi-"

"I'm not fucking lying", she groans out, covering her arm by pulling the sleeve back over it and tugging down on her hair. "I've been able to do something along the sort of this before too. Without any incantation."

"What something?", he arches an eyebrow.

She doesn't want to say it. But she has to. "Calm people down when they're tense. Like.. soothe them."

"Is that what you did to that Zeller girl at the sorting ceremony."

Her eyes flicker back to Draco, his breaths becoming more at ease, his face relaxing. "Yeah", she sighs, feeling fatigue grab hold of her bones and skin.

"And you use no incantation for it?"

"I told you. I don't."

"Then..", his voice slips back into neutrality. "How?" Though it's a question, she knows he expects no answer to it.

"I'm getting Madam Pomfrey", she scoffs in response and curves past him.

Upon finding Madam Pomfrey by the turn of the hallway, she informs her of the situation and the lady quickly rushes back to the infirmary. Zilliah too makes to follow her but by the entrance she catches sight of that black tousled hair and rimmed glasses.

Rage perking up in her body again, she walks upto Harry and slams him against the wall, punching him right across the jaw before drawing her wand from her pocket and pointing it at his neck.

"Zilliah- I can explain", his frightened voice merely passes through her, never really reaching her. There's a trail of blood dripping down his face. And all she can see is the hunger for more red.

"What the fuck did you use on him?!", she grits out, venemous and cold, digging the wand deeper into his lower jaw.

"It's a spell called Sectumsempra", he answers quick, scared. "I wasn't aware it would cause such-"

"You didn't know what it does but you still used it on him?" A small maniacal laughter escapes her. "You're dead meat, Harry."

Hissing out in pain as her hand coils tight around his neck, pushing him further against the wall, he strains to speak. "He-"

"You even dare-"

"Killing.. killing curse", he mutters, trying to break free of her deathly grip. "Let go- I.. I'll tell-"

Despite it all, she lets her fingers slacken as to hear him but still maintains a stern grip, wanting nothing more than to just crush his windpipe then and there.

"He- He tried to use the ki-killing curse on me."