|| Lanta - Dreams And Sailing ||

Rhaenyra

I'm riding my horse in the woods while the snow falls from the sky. I wasn't familiar with this place but my horse seems to know where to go so I just let him take me. My grip on the halter tightened when my horse started bolting like he was scared of something. I tried to ease him but it wasn't working.

" What's wrong? Nothing's going to hurt you, I am here. " I caressed his head but he kept on spinning around.

I heard noises, My eyes roamed around the trees but I didn't see anything. My horse bolted once more before dropping me to the ground and running away. If it wasn't for the snow, I think I'd be in a bad shape. Falling from a horse it's not something you want to experience. I heard the noise again but it sounds like it is near to me, I don't have my horse and I don't know where the hell I am.

" Who's there? " I asked bravely and started to take steps in the direction that I was hearing.

" Don't be a coward and show yourself to me! " I tried to reach the dagger that I always brought with me but it wasn't in my strap.

I silently cursed in my head when out of nowhere something jumped in front of me. It made me fall again to the snowy ground, It was a gray Dire wolf. It's looking at me like he wants to harm or eat me, Aeksion isn't here to protect me and I do not know how to tame a dire wolf. It took small steps toward me while keeping a vicious look on its face.

" Stop! Don't hurt the girl. " My attention turned on the dire wolf's back and someone was standing there.

" Come here, boy. " The dire wolf gave me one last look before obeying that person.

The boy or the man? instructed the wolf to go somewhere, He might be the owner since it obeyed him. He glanced at me. He has auburn hair and beautiful blue eyes. This guy is handsome and I won't deny that.

" Are you alright, My lady? " He offered me his hand as he gazed at me softly.

" I am fine. Thank you. " I accepted it and he helped me to stand up from the ground.

" What are you doing here alone in the woods? " He asked and I don't know how to answer since I have no idea, How I get here.

I was about to give him an answer but I got lost in his blue orbs. It is beautiful to gaze on. Its hues are like some clear water, He was also looking at me the same way. I still can feel his hand holding mine.

" Have we met before? " It was my turn to ask him and he shook his head.

" I've never seen someone with lavender eyes before, My lady. It is beautiful, different from the rest. " A smile formed on my lips as I felt my cheeks heat up.

" May I know your name? " I opened my mouth to tell him but do I need to? If I tell him who I am, I could be in danger. No one needs to know who I am until I stake my claim to the throne.

" You look troubled, My lady. I won't hurt you, I promise. I just want to know your name. " I took my hand from his hold and put a space between us.

" I'm afraid, I can't tell you. " A look of confusion appeared on his face.

" I am a lord and I swear no harm will come to you. If you tell me. " The more reason why I shouldn't tell him.

I don't know where I am and I don't know what house he is from. I don't want my head to be chopped off, I want to die old and in my bed.

" You will really not tell me? " I shook my head again and gave him a small smile instead.