Finding Out

Azula visited her brother as much as she could, without thinking of what her fath- no, what Ozai would think. She didn't care that Ozai may get angry and punish her, Azula just wanted to be with her older brother.

Ozai grew angrier with Azula as the days past and she didn't show up to lessons.

"Azula, what is the meaning of this?" Ozai shouted when she yet again refused to show up.

"I'm staying with Zuko, he needs me and I want to stay. You did this to him, why would you even care what I'm doing here with him?!" Azula started strong and quiet, but was at a shout by the end.

"You do not speak to be that way, unless you want to end up like that child," Ozai said pointing at Zuko while threatening moving closer to Azula.

She flinched back before seemingly steeling her nerves.

"Yeah, you gonna burn half my fucking face off? You gonna try to get rid of me because I said one thing you didn't like? Well try I fucking dare you," Azula yelled getting into a fighting stance, ready to goad Ozai to move outside the room if they needed to be.

"If you want to be with him so bad, then you can have what you want," Ozai said so suddenly that Azula shocked backwards, face still angry, but also confused.

"Prince Zuko and Princess Azula, you are now banished from the Fire Nation until and if you can return with the avatar! It starts in a week, be prepared. All you will have is a boat with a crew."

With that Ozai left the room. Azula crumpled to the floor. Zuzu's burn wouldn't even be healed fully. They would have to try to find the Avatar without hurting his eye more. Azula knew this was supposed to be a wild goose chase, but she couldn't just tell her brother that, she had to slowly tell the idea to him and then tell him in full.

And sure being banished doesn't take away your royalty, so Zuzu was still the Crown Prince, but not being able to return hurt Azula too. This was where most of her memory's resided, wether good or bad, with mother or fa- Ozai.

Azula was also sure that Ozai wouldn't give them a very good boat or crew.

With no doubt in her mind that Ozai had already been planning to get rid of Zuko, Azula went to pack some of his most important things, resolving to take some things she thought that she shouldn't and things that wouldn't be practical.

Moving to her own she also grabbed money. She didn't bring much of their cloths, as they wouldn't be good for life outside of the palace. She brought some knowing Zuzu liked the feel of some of the cloths and it helped calm him.

Azula snuck back to Zuko's room to see Iroh leaning in a chair watching Zuko.

When Azula opened the door Iroh stood before seeing Azula and sitting back down.

"I don't know if you've heard but me and Zuzu got banished, Father didn't like that I wanted to spend more time with Zuko, so I go with Zuzu," Azula explained, not caring how her uncle felt about it but knowing that if he tagged along, the support would be greatly appreciated.

"I heard about my nephew, but not of you, Azula."

"Yeah, well it happened today because I spoke back." Azula said with her eyes staring straight at Iroh.

He thought that perhaps she was thinking about how to twist this to her advantage, or how to take down Iroh as fast as possible.

In reality Azula was trying to convey her worry for Zuzu, and try not to seem weak in front of someone she didn't know if she could trust.

Zuko, the dumdum, would trust their uncle in a heartbeat if given the chance. Azula wouldn't, knowing where it could end her up.

However, Azula was never very good at expressing her emotions good enough. She knew this, and knew that Zuko could read her better than anyone else. Most others couldn't read her, so she didn't expect it from Iroh, and didn't get it either.