🕝02 00 Hour🕝

02 00 Hour

We ended up skipping rocks for a forty-five minutes after that, throwing them at the same time and wondering who's could stay skidding the water surface the longest.

It was fun.

In fact, it was the most fun I've had in a while.

"Okay, okay," I panted. "I think that's enough for now."

You'd be surprised by how much skipping stones
can be a workout.

Both of us sat back down on the bench and stared at the rippling water. The sky was getting a little brighter; almost the same as just now but if you paid close attention, you would've realised the change it colour. It wasn't obvious, but it was still there.

The navy blue velvet blanketed the sky, leaving the silver stars to shine. The moon wasn't full, but it was larger than a cresent moon.

"That was fun." She said.

"Yeah, that was." I sighed.

"I didn't know skipping stones could be so fun. Its so unpredictable, and that's where the rush kicks in." She said. You could hear the smile in her voice. "Its an adrenaline rush."

"Yeah, it is. Its kind of relatable to life, actually." I glanced at her and noticed that she had her gaze locked on me. "Its like you don't know what's to come. You never know what's going to happen. You get your hopes up just to have them get smashed to the ground; its like throwing a stone hoping that it'll skip four times, but it ends up skipping three. So close, yet so far.

"And sometimes, you get the unexpected: you throw a stone, hoping that it keeps at least three times, and it keeps five times. Its unpredictable, like you said. It makes me feel like, like we're all able to achieve something like we should expect the unexpected."

I hadn't realised that she had her eyes on me. I looked at her.

I looked into her blue orbs that started to drown me and gulped, pretty loudly. I wanted to lean in; to put my hands on her waist and hold her close to me. It was a weird feeling, but it made me feel tingly in a good way. My eyes flickered to her lips for a second and I looked away.

I didn't even know her name.

Plus, she would never want to kiss someone like me if she knew what I've been through; how messed up I was in so many levels.

I looked at my hands that had intertwined each other, my elbows resting on my knees. I shouldn't be thinking of her like that. I shouldn't be growing feelings for someone who didn't know me; know my name: know my story. She probably didn't even feel the same way.

Besides, this was probably just a one-time thing. Tomorrow, I'm going to wake up, completely forgetting about tonight. Tomorrow, I'm going to go to school as if tonight never happened.

I looked from my peripheral vision that she had her knees to her chest, her head resting on her knees. She looked ahead in a distance, and she looked so damn vulnerable.

My eyes flickered to her hair. It was only now had I realised how long and wavy her hair was. They looked silky. They reminded me of a mermaid. In fact, she reminded me of a mermaid.

Her eyes were the ocean, involving colours of all shades of blue. Her hair was like seaweed, long and wavy, flowing in the light breeze as if it was the ocean's mild currents.

The sight was beautiful.

She was beautiful.

And I craved to know more about her.

⋘ TO BE CONTINUED ⋙