Vol. 1 Chapter 16: One Man Army

Start from the beginning

"No? Does it need to become a part of these royal families, just to smash those vermin's who will stand on your way?." (Liam)

Hearing my words, sistiene was a little surprised then lightly giggled.

"That's surprisingly not so thoughtful of you." (Sistiene)

"Really?." (Liam)

"Really..." (Sistiene)

"Okay then, let's prepare for combat."(Liam)

"Prepare?." (Sistiene)

"Combat?... What do you mean mister liam." (Noir)

Oh shit, they don't know I could monitor the geographical movements via satellites. Damn a slipped of mouth.

"My.... Instincts telling me that there would enemies that be approaching here." (Liam)

"Is that truth mister?." (Noir)

He intently looking at me.

"Yeah." (Liam)

"How many?." (Noir)

Damn so thorough.

"I can't tell, but they should be more than before based on the bloodlust they emits." (Liam)

Bloodlust my ass! Just accept my mediocre excuse please!

"Then I'll warn our forces of the incoming enemies." (Noir)

"Okay me too.... Wait, Sistiene." (Liam)

Before I could finally go out from the door. I called to her.

"What ?." (Sistiene)

"What if I betray and sell you out?." (Liam)

The people inside became agitated, from maids to armed escorts. They readied their weapons just in case.

"Will you betray me?." (Sistiene)

She sadly responds and why I'm having a strong Deja vu feeling here.

"No." (Liam)

In my answer, she returns back to life.

"That's great, don't die." (Sistiene)

"I won't." (Liam)

Forest outside Palt

The town of Palt was too poor to be useful in defending, so we opted to go in offensive to slowdown the enemies. We have 59 adventurers and mercenaries, together with 80 vigilantes and hastily armed militia from the palt who wanted to save their relatives and neighbors from the brigands who attacked them, a day ago. We just needed to hold before the sunset, and reinforcements from Burduex and nearby towns should arrived here.

However, little to the knowledge of the people here, there's at least a thousand of enemies launching a raid here, it's a unfair 10 vs 1 ratio. Our forces will be exhausted and weakened even if we won this battle. I don't even know how many of them will going to survive.

"Let's trim their numbers a bit." (Liam)

"What it is Mister Liam?." (Noir)

"Prohibit our forces from stepping 4,000 paces from here." (Liam)

"May I ask why?." (Noir)

"A gift full of surprise for our enemies." (Liam)

"I see." (Noir)

"Anyways, where's our scouts?." (Liam)

"They should arrive shortly." (Noir)

A few minutes later, the scouts hurriedly informed us on the looming threat of thousand marching bandits here.