Vol. 1 Chapter 16: One Man Army

Start from the beginning

"Possibly, a planted dog of Republicans to protect the child of Roseblade?." (Noble)

"I can't tell. But I suggest to send brigands there to test out that gunslinger's abilities." (Xia)

"You want me to send some sacrificial lambs to the enemies?." (Nobles)

"Yes, to measure his abilities and prepare some countermeasures against him."(Xia)

"Hmm... How much do you needed?." (Noble)

"We have 4,000 men here, we could send a thousand to test them out." (Xia)

"Can't we send all of our forces here?all of the 4,000 men." (Noble)

"It depends on your judgement... However, isn't that good to see how those people struggles in front of our overwhelming might? Even if they defeated those thousand men that we sent as pawns, they are too utterly exhausted, hopeless and weak to resist the remaining 3,000 men that we've gathered here right? Isn't that exciting?" (Xia)

She innocently smiled, while her cheeks turned red as if she is a maiden in love.

"Hmph! I concur, You select a thousand pawns to be send over there!." (Noble)

He directed his gaze on the leader.

"Of course. It will be done." (Private army leader)

Town of Palt

After returning to the town, I immediately head towards sistiene as she ordered me to discuss something and the content was not good at all, I'm starting to regret my decision of meddling on this matters.

"So princess, why did lie to me?." (Liam)

"I'm not exactly a princess." (Sistiene)

She laughed bitterly. They confessed the annoying matters from Ver'z on me.

"What's with your weird Government? A Political conflict like those of feudal system and yet there's voting system of a republican government seriously?." (Liam)

"Haha, only the high ranking and wealthy families have the right to vote, the ordinary citizens cannot." (Sistiene)

"More like a Parliamentary system." (Liam)

"You're really weird you know?." (Sistiene)

"I'm not weird like an important person who travelled in a frontier with a meager amount of protection while being tailed by thousands of assassins who wanted my head, that's all." (Liam)

"Hey, it hurts when you said it straight, but anyways, just how knowledgeable you are in politics?." (Sistiene)

She is suspicious on my identity because I know a little about governance or how the politics runs?

"By studying." (Liam)

"You know.... Unless you're from a Court Nobility, a Powerful Mercantilist, Military, or Buraeucratic families, you can't really brazenly said those things without thinking." (Sistiene)

"Well whatever. How should we deal with this annoying circumstances of yours?." (Liam)

She opened her eyes, surprised?

"You're not going to leave me?." (Sistiene)

"Why though? We have still a contract right?." (Liam)

"You're not scared of colliding with those pest from secessionist faction of my country?." (Sistiene)

"No, not a single bit." (Liam)

Now, she looked curious on me?, What gives?

"Hey Liam.... Answer me truthfully, are you a prince of some large countries that won't hesitate to even pick a fight with the forces of the Union?." (Sistiene)