Chapter 70 - perfume

Start from the beginning

"No!" Exclaims Iroh worriedly. The shirshu runs around in a circle and bumps into more perfume pots. Nyla jumps over the abbey wall and begins to run away. Aang picks up his staff while Mizuki, Katara and Sokka approach him.

❀❀❀

"So...where do we go?" Asks Aang.

"We're getting you to the North Pole" Replies Katara as she begins to smile.

"Yeah, we've lost too much time as it is" Mentions Sokka with a grin on his face.

"Don't you want to see your father?" Asks Aang confused.

"Of course we do, Aang. But, you're our family, too. And right now, you need us more" States Sokka.

"And we need you" Beams Katara while Aang begins to smile. Mizuki runs up to Aang and embraces him. Katara and Sokka join the hug.

"Sorry for ignoring you guys earlier" Apologizes Katara while Sokka nods in agreement.

"It's okay, you guys must've missed Bato a lot" Reassures Mizuki.

"Oh! By the way, I got you a little something" Exclaims Aang as he turns around to face Mizuki and holds up Mizuki's necklace.

"How did you get that? I almost forgot about it-" Mizuki gasps out of surprise as she takes the necklace and examines it.

"Zuko asked me to be sure I got it to you" Says Aang sarcastically.

"How sweet" Deadpans Mizuki as she puts the necklace in her pocket.

"But, thanks. This necklace means a lot to me" Mizuki kisses Aang's cheek before she walks towards Appa and begins packing her luggage, leaving a flustered Aang behind.

{flashback}

"Dad. What's a betrothal necklace?" Asks Mizuki as she enters her father's room.

"It's a necklace you give to someone you're going to marry" Explains Akio.

"Will you make one for mom?" Beams Mizuki curiously while Akio begins to chuckle.

"Sure, why not. Would you like to help me?" Says Akio while Mizuki nods happily. Akio stands up and opens a drawer filled with craft materials.

"Alright, let's chose a color first" States Akio as he grabs a few silks.

"The dark blue one! Mom likes blue" Exclaims Mizuki as she grabs the silk and puts it on the table in the middle of the room.

"Okay, now what's next?" Asks Akio as he smiles at his young daughter.

"Carving! You have to carve a necklace!" Gushes Mizuki.

"That's right" Chuckles Akio as he grabs a beautiful light blue stone out of the drawer.

"Woahh! It's so pretty! I'm jealous" Beams Mizuki as she stares at the stone. Akio grabs a small knife and sits down on a chair next to the table. He slowly begins to carve the stone. Mizuki stands on the chair nex to him and watches him curiously.

"Dad, you're like really bad at this" Points out Mizuki as Akio grabs a new stone and begins to carve again.

"How dare you say that!" Jokes Akio as he boops Mizuki's nose. Mizuki begins to laugh as she continues watching her father carve the necklace. After a while, Akio manages to finish the necklace.

"Tadaa!" Beams Akio as he holds up the necklace he just made. It had a beautiful air sign carved on it, and around the air sign there was a circle, which resembled a moon.

"Wow" Mutters Mizuki as she stares at the necklace.

"It's pretty, isn't it? Not as pretty as Yua though" Mizuki begins to chuckle.

"Yeah, mom is very pretty" She says while jumping off her chair.

"Now let's give this necklace to mom" Says Akio as he smiles warmly.

"Hurry up!" Exclaims Mizuki as she grabs her father's hand and drags him towards another room.

{end flashback}

❀❀❀

"Mimi! I got a letter for you" Exclaims Katara as she hands Mizuki a letter.

"Oh, thanks" Says Mizuki as she opens it and begins reading the letter.

'Hey Mizuki, it's me, Tora.

I just wanted to let you know that some hot guy with a ponytail is trying to track you down with a betrothal necklace?

I'm not sure if he's your ex with anger issues or someone trying to capture you, since you're the dualbender.

I never really thought about it but, you must be wanted by the Fire Nation. Am I right?

Anyways, I hope you're doing okay.

Things here have been a bit boring, we've been cleaning up the village after the volcano errupted, but that's about it.

I'm not expecting a fast reply, and by the time you get this letter, you might already have confronted the angry guy.

However, if you don't reply, I'm going to assume you're dead so...please reply as soon as possible?'

As soon as Mizuki finishes reading the letter, she raises her eyebrow. Hot guy? Ex with anger issues?

"Sooo, what's the letter about?" Asks Katara curiously.

"It's from Tora, he was warning me about Zuko" Grunts Mizuki. If only I had gotten this letter earlier.

"Talk about bad timing" Chuckles Katara.

"Oh well, the past is the past" Says Mizuki as she begins to chuckle. 

To be continued

Word count: 1.548