~ SIRIUS ~

Astrid often forgot that the sun was also a star. The sun lit up the whole world. It kept everyone and everything alive. It still had trillions of years till it would explode. Everything had a time limit. The stars have forever to live. All Astrid wanted was for the sun to give her a few of it's years. But life wasn't on her side. Why give her such a small amount of time?

Z climbed up the ladder, spotting Astrid laying on the floor and looking up at the sky. "Watching clouds?" She asked.

"Somewhat like that." Astrid said. Z dropped a sandwich onto Astrid's stomach. "Thanks." She said as she sat up to eat.

"No problem." Z said. She looked behind Astrid and saw a weird machine on the floor. "Whatcha workin on this time?" She asked.

Astrid pulled a music disc out of her bag. "I found this the other day. Since a can't afford anything to play it with, I thought that I should just make something myself."

"Awesome, finally we can get some energy in this place. I'm tired of listening to the same old songs that are constantly on blast at the market." Jack yawned as he got to the top of the roof. "It gets boring."

"How are you tired? Didn't you just wake up?" Z asked.

"Yeah, and now it's time for bed." Jack closed his eyes and leaned onto Astrid. "But unfortunately, I can't go back to bed just yet."

"I assume we're going to do a bit bit more stealing today." Astrid said.

"You got that right." Jack stood up and grabbed his jacket. "And it's probably best if we go now. I don't want it to get late when we give everything out."

"You guys go ahead, I'll catch up." Astrid said. "You still have those buzzers?"

"Don't worry." Jack reached into his pocket and pulled out the buzzer she had made. "I keep it with me at all times. We'll meet you at the market. Come on, Z. Let's go."

Z rolled her eyes and sighed. She stood up and waved to Astrid. "See you soon."

Astrid could hear beeping from her back pocket. She reached back to pull out the monitor. The numbers had gone blank, which meant that it had died. Astrid let out a disappointed sigh, then ripped off the patches from her chest and threw the whole thing away.

~

"As much as I like being a part of S.P.D, I'm kinda hating this." Syd groaned.

"What part of it? Going outside?" Sky asked sarcastically.

"Funny." Syd glared. She looked around and found Bridge standing in line at a food truck. She walked over and grabbed the collar of his jacket as she walked away.

"We're not here to eat Bridge. We're here to work." She said.

"But I'm hungry." Bridge whined. He pulled her hand away and started walking next to them. 

"And I want to get back already. So how about we just finish this off and leave." She said.

As they kept walking, Bridge ended up bumping right into someone. He turned around and immediately apologized. "Sorry about that."

"No worries." The voice said.

Bridge looked back at her eyes. They were quite bright and colorful. And he could sense the energy radiating off her.

She eyed the uniform he was wearing and saw the S.P.D. logo. She scoffed, then turned around and started walking away.

Bridge reached to take off one of his gloves, but Sky distracted him. "Let's go, buddy."