||Interlude||

𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓵𝓾𝓭𝓮

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕠𝕠𝕞 𝕚𝕤 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜, lit only by her table lamp and the glow of her laptop. Vivian sits back in her chair, sipping her tea, staring down at the letter she taped back together.

This isn't the first time she's read through it, and she doubts it will be her last, not when she's still piecing together the puzzle of a plan that formed in her head hours before.

Sophie—at least that was the name she'd given in her introduction—had written this fan letter for Tristen. A letter filled with heart and adoration. A letter that had been torn and disposed of after a very tragic first meeting between fan and creator.

It is saddening, largely because of all the ways it should have gone. Vivian's heart aches, thinking of the Tristen she'd known during his last visit. He's changed so much since then. A dark cloud hangs over him. She notices it most when he sits at his laptop. Where before he came alive there, alight with the magic of creation, now gloom reigns.

Vivian rereads the letter again, pausing this time at the end of it. Sophie had left the name of her fan Instagram on the chance Tristen chose to reach out. It is an ending note that would be cringe-worthy if not for all the set-up that came before it. Set up that, had the situation gone as it should have, likely would have touched Tristen and led to him truly reaching out.

What has happened to her best friend?

She wishes she hadn't left the signing. She'd had to slip out to go help her mom, and it was apparently while she was gone that everything had gone awry. Tristen had been really vague about what happened, and Jada didn't know Vivi so wouldn't give anything up. She had eventually found out about the girl's "dramatic display" of ripping up some piece of paper.

Maybe foolishly, Vivi had located that ripped paper—a letter—hoping that it would give her insight into what happened. Then Mrs. Schneider had opened up, but the letter had proven valuable in a different way. A way that, if Tristen knew, he would probably kill her for.

Taking a deep swig of her tea, Vivian opens up Instagram and searches the name Sophie gave: Heart_Sworn_Legacy. Interesting choice given how she seems to see herself as part of Tristen's legacy. Someone who was there from the very start of it all...

Vivi had been as well. Tristen hadn't immediately told Vivi about his love for writing, but once he had, she had always provided an ear for him. She wasn't a creator, though, and although she read, it was a casual hobby rather than an intense love for it.

Sophie's Instagram pops up, proving just how much she does love reading. Her page displays image after image of bookish wonder. From beloved series in the middle of fandom shrines to quotes, both of her own and by others, created with an artist's eye.

The most recent image catches her eye, and she starts. Part of Sophie's face takes up the corner, but the rest of the picture shows a very familiar yellow inn. Vivi's eyes shoot up. Well, that is very intriguing. Another puzzle piece falls into place.

And then, she explores. Sophie has a link to her other socials, including one to a blog where she does deep dives into book plots, her twitter where she does lots of live reading reactions, and BookNook, some writing site Vivi had heard of in passing.

The more she learns, the more the puzzle pieces fall, until finally, there's one large picture before her. Vivi sits back, grinning to herself as she lifts her tea to her mouth.

She has a plan, and if it works, maybe the light of the author and the spark of the number one fan can be salvaged.

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,

Word Count: 652

Total WC: 8,232

Fun Fact: I was really close to naming the writing website Dreamland, but I decided to go with BookNook instead.  It's actually a thing I threw out one time as an idea of what I'd name a book store if I ever had one.  So instead it became the name of this fictional writing app!

Random third person Vivi chapter!  I took a while to decide if this would be third or first person, but I settled for third since it wouldn't have been clear who it was in first I don't think, and she's not the main character.  She's just our schemer character who gets the plot rolling :D 

Would love to hear your thoughts down below. Hope you guys enjoyed, and if you did, don't hesitate to hit that star down below!