Whose a good boy? [Pt.1]

Part 1. Dogs are a girls best friend!

My life wasn't normal to begin with. It didn't help when my eccentric aunt demanded I get a service dog. You see, I'm half blind, I cant see out my right eye. I have extremely light brown hair that I wear in a high ponytail with bangs that hang in my right eye so you can't even tell.

I have a light blue eye, that almost matches the filmy color of my blind eye. I'm really tall (taller than most guys) and skinny with a stick figure. My aunt tells me I don't look like either of my parents.

My right eye has that milky blind look to it, with a visible scratch down the pupil. This was my abusive Fathers fault, he used to beat my mother silly, and then he decided to scratch my eye and that was my Mothers breaking point. She loved me and her husband hurting her was one thing, and my Father hurting me was another. So she got the rifle and blew his head off.

The other complicated part with this is that my Father came from a rich family of lawyers, so they were able to put my mother in the looney bin for the rest of her life. The only reason she didn't get put in prison is because her lawyers pleaded insanity.

So custody (thank goodness) was given to my aunt on my mothers side, as crazy as she may be I love her to death.

That's ancient history. It all happened when I was a baby and I'm twenty one now living in the apartment complex that my Aunts ex boyfriend owns. My aunt broke up with him because he was a bit clingy, and I guess it wasn't working for her. But he still loves her (not in a creepy obsessive way, but just enough for it to be comedic) and for us he's like the Father I never had and to him I'm like the kiddo he never had. And thats how I get out of paying rent.

Anyway, Ben (Aunts ex boyfriend) agreed to let me have a dog (because of my aunt). I only agreed to this claiming I would get a shelter dog. "But Bridgett darling, you don't know where those filthy mutts have been!! Get a dog from one of those rich breeders that have been trained to take care of you!" "Your aunt it always right Bridgett!" Ben agreed with hearts in his eyes. I rolled my eyes, "I've always pitied those poor lost souls in the pound, and I'm not fully blind so I don't need one of those specially trained dogs."

And thats why I'm in the city pound. The problem with this is I'm deathly afraid of dogs, and I was starting to think I should've just let my aunt get me one of those specially trained dogs, when I saw him. Not him as in, OMG he is the love of my life! No, I mean him. A huge furry dog with an almost feisty look in his eyes.

A young girl with an innocent smile plastered on her face passed him by, reaching her hand towards his kennel to pet him when he made a little snap. The young girls eyes widened and her mother pulled her back saying, "Don't go near that thing it has rabies!"

I was being led through the pound by Ashley, a girl near my age. She had dyed blonde hair that was falling in messy strands out of her bun. The dog intrigued me, he was a big brown and black long haired dog with big... Green eyes? I walked closer to his cage, the dog regarded me with a curious look. "Hey! Hey! Wait! He bites, and he's not friendly to anybody!" Ashley said franticly. I continued towards him anyway.

Usually, I cower in fear near these kind of dogs, but this one made me want to come closer. The dog sat down, lowering his head, almost like he was bowing to me. I reached my hand to the bar, and softly scratched his ears. He allowed it, still regarding me with slightly cautious eyes.

Once I got a closer look at him, I could see he was a bit rough around the edges. It looked like he had been traveling the streets for years, but still maintained that young rugged look. Ashley came up behind me, causing me to jump a little and the dogs ears to stand up, "Woah, no ones ever been able to walk near the cage never the less pet the dude. He was going down, like today." I smiled at the dog, "Hey there, what's your name?" He lifted up his neck, revealing dog tags on a small chain. I bent down to read it...

"DACIAN GRACE"