064: William Afton

A few weeks had passed since Evan's birthday and everything was going great. Henry's hand finally healed, so now he could help move things into the restaurant, as long as it wasn't too heavy. Soon, he would be able to move heavier things into the restaurant and get to work on the new endo- and exoskeletons. Evan was learning to speak more. He was still downright terrible at it, for some odd reason, but he was learning. It's possible that he had a speech impediment or delay of some sort. Terrance's reading skills were getting better each day as he worked with Apollo almost every day during the summer break. He was starting to get better at reading more complex sentences and reading long words. And Michael's fear of being kidnapped was starting to die down just a tiny bit, so he wasn't constantly paranoid--and he was playing with friends other than Noah nowadays.

As of the moment, it was late at night. Almost midnight. Despite how he wanted to go to bed, William sat at his desk in his office, filling out paperwork for Fazbear's. He hummed "Hush, Little Baby" to himself since the lullaby was stuck in his head. Michael had woken up screaming from another nightmare earlier that night, so William had gone upstairs and sang it to him, trying to get the anxious boy to go back to sleep.

William yawned and checked the time on his watch. 11:43 PM. It was getting late.

That was when he heard them.

An earsplitting bang.

A loud thump.

A scream of fear.

William rushed to his feet and sprinted out of his room, not giving a thought about the horrible mess of paperwork he just made on his desk. The sounds had come from upstairs, so that's where William was going to go.

He bolted up the staircase that led to the third floor as fast as he could, skipping so many steps that he nearly twisted his ankle in the process. Once he made it to the top floor, he looked around the hallway, listening carefully for any noises. The instant he heard sobbing and the slight sound of footsteps coming from Michael's bedroom, that's where he went. He burst into his eldest son's room and instantly looked at the balcony doors.

One of the glass doors was slid open.

He anxiously looked around the room, looking for Michael. But before he could spot his son, his eyes landed on a figure on the floor.

Terrance was lying on the ground, his limbs sprawled out across the floor. His face was stunned, his expression numb, and darkness was clouding his usually bright eyes. A pool of blood was spreading across the hardwood floor, growing larger and larger by the second. And the source of the crucial red liquid coming from a bullet hole in his forehead.