Distraction/Priorities pt2 N.R

Start from the beginning

It was an intricate mission, everyone needed to play their part in order for it to be successful. No one was supposed to know we were infiltrating their base even after we left. In and out without anyone knowing.

It was a huge scale mission where a lot of agents needed to cover all areas of the base. Only Rogers and Natasha were heading in. Maybe I'll step in, if need be.

"I said, report every fifteen minutes so why am I not getting any?" I spoke into the comms, frustrated that my orders were not adhered to.

"Because there's nothing to report."

"Then say it! Or I am going to send someone else in." I'm tired of getting looked down just because I am a woman and they haven't seen me in the field.

"Yes ma'am." He said tiredly.

It was a tough mission dodging everyone in the base, Tony was using his heat sensors to try and inform them about incoming as much as possible. But a single misstep was all it took to spin the mission in a whole another direction.

"Shit! Everyone, move in." It was going to be tough to extract the both of them when they were deep in the base surrounded by enemies.

After announcing our presence in the base, everyone was in on all sides, slowly making their way to clear a path for them. I went in from the top planning for worse case scenarios, if all goes wrong, up is the answer.

It was hard to concentrate on the comms with all the shooting and shouting but honestly once you are in the field, it is all based on instincts. I let my body take over and moved across the base.

"Agent Y/L/N, Natasha is not planning on moving." I heard Clint speak through the comms.

"You better start moving your feet before I get there Romanoff." I shouted through the comms as I ran to her last location, dodging bullets the best I could. "Rest of you, start making your way out."

I kicked open the door and there she was, still in front of the computer. I walked towards her and started dragging her out. "What are you doing, Y/N? It's almost done." She shrugged my hands off and went back.

"You got to go before they come."

"It's almost done."

"NOW!" I shouted at the same time the glass shattered. We ducked under the table and cursed under our breaths. "I told you to leave." I said after shooting a few shots blindly.

"It's done." We left through the planned route because wherever we went it would be the same, might as well be the route we were confident in.

"Fuck!" I muttered when I felt a bullet go through my shoulder. I dropped my gun somewhere during the impact but I continued running while holding my wound.

We managed to get to the quinjet with what we needed and I went to Bruce to get my wound stitched. "Y/N, sit down." He said in a hurry and panic.

Natasha POV
I heard Bruce talking to Y/N and I made my way over to them. Y/N was laying uncomfortably on the seats while Bruce was hovering his hands over his med box.

"Is she okay?" I went to assess her wound through her blood soak uniform. I made her hurt again, if I had followed her orders, she wouldn't have landed in this spot.

"Tough, but she'll make it." He began closing up her wound and I stood by her hoping it'll all be okay. It's really been so long since I've been able to see her face in front of me. I have to resist the temptation of getting closer to her.

Your POV
I could hear murmuring and footsteps in my sleep and I groaned at the noise until I realised where I was. I shot up immediately and the pain surged through my body. After a few deep breaths while waiting for the pain to reside, I got out of the bed just as Dr Cho came in.