2 | Distance

[Aliciel Blacker Point of View]

After keeping my distance from Allen for a few weeks, I walked down the hall and past the dining room, where I spotted him practicing his dining etiquette.

(Ah, he's here. Well, it's not my problem either way.)

In the dining hall, I observed him perfecting his etiquette. However, the use of the spoon and fork was immature for his age.

(It's understandable. He was a commoner not long ago.)

(I guess a commoner is still a commoner even after a few weeks passed.)

I attempted to leave by walking straight to my room. But the more I thought about him, the more he dominated my mind.

Sigh escaped my lips and somehow I mysteriously moved my body to enter the dining room.

(What the hell am I doing...?)

Allen noticed my presence the moment I stepped into the dining room and turned his head toward me, his eyes wide with surprise.

"S-sis-"

Before he could even finish his lines, I beat him to it as I approached him.

"Allen, in Blacker household, we have our own table manners. Sit up straight facing the table."

Wasting no time, I immediately placed my hand on his back and he did straighten his back as I instructed.

"This will give people a good first impression but try not to look stiff and nervous, this will put them on edge."

He nodded at my words and I took the knife then handed it to him.

"Hold the knife on the right hand."

"Y-yes!"

He responded and took the knife with his right hand just as I said, waiting for my next instructions.

"To cut something, you stab your fork into it, but be careful and do it gently."

He did what I advised and used his right hand to stab the meat with his fork while slicing it gently and carefully.

I narrowed my eyes to observe his movements closely.

(Though it's still stiff, he has the potential to improve since he's a quick learner.)

Unknowingly to her, blush crept on Allen's cheeks as he was filled with warmth at Aliciel's sisterly affection.

He's overjoyed that she showed even the tiniest interest in him.

"... sister."

After gathering his confidence, he called me hesitantly, and I turned to face him, my eyes looking at him questioningly.

"What's the matter?"

"... Y-you can just call me Len."

While fidgeting his fingers, he continued shyly, a small joyful smile rising to his lips.

My eyes hardened as soon as he finished his sentence.

(What?)

"It appears that you misunderstood something."

My voice was low and my gaze was sharp as ice, as if I were portraying the original Aliciel before I regained my memories.

"I favoured you a little and you like to act like we're close?"

I set down the fork on the table and his eyes widened in realisation at my sudden change of attitude.

"Why should I refer to you as that?"