36.

The Alpha's cocky expression suddenly faltered for the briefest moment before quickly recovering, keeping his stance cool and impassive as he silently continued to look at her for another few paces of time.

Complete and utter silence befell around them as well, the BloodHound and his illyrian companion refusing to even breathe as they stared at the little earthling before them with such sickening shock and terror.

Had she finally succumbed to one of those earthian mental breakdowns?

Meoni's lips parted to let out an anguished sound as that gun suddenly cocked at Madeleine's temple, hearing Emerick rather breathlessly call out her name into a desperate plea.

"Madeleine..."

However, the girl's undivided attention remained trained on the Alpha, gauging his every little reaction as those dark blue galaxy eyes refused to leave her own, probably trying to detect any hesitations from her part and call her bluff.

Not that he would find any...

She thought with determination, her teeth grinding with angst as she prepared herself to just press against that small trigger under her finger and fuck it all, once and for good.

However, before she could complete her task and release that shot her hand remained frozen at her side as if held by an unseen force as the Alpha performed a simple snap of his fingers, rendering her powerless and utterly shocked.

"Pardon my human language, but I must exclaim you are truly fucking mental," Elias commented, disregarding that wildly horrified look on the little earthling's face as he proceeded to take a few languid yet deliberate steps in her direction.

"You were prepared to throw your life away, just like that, for another being that not only is directly responsible for dragging you through all of this chaos, but he also commited the vile act of forcefully taking you," His head tilted to the side as he continued to observe her with sheer intrigue.

"I swear humanity never ceases to amaze me," He softly said whilst his galaxy eyes found her wide and glossy ones, expressing a mild yet satisfied smirk.

"You can lay your arms down now," Elias ordered to their audience, his gaze never leaving hers.

"You win. I concede before you, little warrior. I will grant your wishes," He lastly said with a small bow.

"You can come closer now, sola. I will honor my words," He suavely said to her, like the tempting sin beckoning her to just raise herself back up to her feet and start walking towards him, the girl barely aware of her own actions as she soon found herself standing right in front of him like a quiet and obedient little servant.

What the hell? What the fuck was he doing to her?!? And most of all, how?

"But first, you will have to honor yours," He leaned forward to whisper close to her face, her eyes immediately widening as she was quick to realize exactly what he was implying with that.

No...

Goosebumps formed all over her skin as she felt the touch of his large and warm hands taking ahold of her small waist, trailing over her stomach as he ripped that belt off of her, stripping her of every single weapon she had on herself. And with a swift and powerful tug he hoisted her up against him, throwing their frozen audience one last look before disappearing into thin air.

Both Emerick and Meoni remained rooted to their places, still rendered into a state of temporary incapacity as they widely stared at that spot where they'd lastly seen Madeleine and the Alpha.

Damned be the seven worlds.

Meoni's contemplative gaze swept over the crowded atrium, lastly finding Emerick's.