Chapter 6

SUNDAY 11:00AM

"They should've put me in jail", said Jordan as she sat in the room with Tyquez. She was shaking

Even though it was the next day, she was still sad about killing Hakeem. She acting so all over the space that Tyquez's mom is watching Marcus and Jordan's mom is watching Alexis.

"It was self defense. He was a criminal and a dangerous one. He was in our house Jordan", said Tyquez.

"But I killed him", said Jordan. "I— I killed him"

Tyquez looked down. He was glad that she killed him. He just like to see Jordan like that. Especially over her ex husband.

Jordan started crying.

"I know I haven't commented on this but... I'm sorry about last night.", said Tyquez.

"About what?", asked Jordan.

"Almost breaking up with you...I didn't know what to do. I saw the condoms and I don't know. It fucked me up. It didn't feel right because I didn't understand how you'd get the time to cheat when we have two kids that need all of your attention", said Tyquez.

Jordan made a face.

"But like I said, I saw the condoms and I just blanked", said Tyquez.

"Ty?", asked Jordan.

"Yea?", he replied.

"Why do you want a big family, again?", asked Jordan.

"Well I'm just used to a big family", said Tyquez.

Jordan nods.

"...why?", asked Tyquez.

"Well um...I don't know. It's just the way you said that. Made it seem like you intended to have a lot of kids for that reason. That's all", said Jordan. "But I'm trippin'"

"What?", asked Tyquez.

"Nothing. Forget it", said Jordan.

Tyquez made a face and then all of a sudden his eyes got wide.

"Oh shit. Wheres my clothes?", asked Tyquez. "I need to make sure I have something"

"This?", she asked as she took the ring out of her purse.

Tyquez looked at the ring then at her.

"It fell out of your pocket when I used your phone to call 911", said Jordan. "...I don't understand how you were about to break up me when you wanted to marry me. Better yet why haven't you asked?"

"I was about to at the lake but we got that call about Hakeem", said Tyquez.

"Oh", said Jordan.

"I wasn't second guessing myself if that's what you were thinking. I know what I want", said Tyquez.

Jordan looked at down.

"This isn't how I wanted things to be but since you know already and see the ring...I want you to be my wife. I wanna spend the rest of my life with you because you are my life. Will you marry me?", he asked.

Jordan slowly put the ring on her finger.

"...without a doubt", she said softly.

"I know you are worked up about Hakeem but forget him. He got what he deserved", said Tyquez.

Jordan didn't say anything.

"Fuck him", said Tyquez.

"How can you say something like that?", Jordan blurted out.

"What do you mean "how"? This dude has tried to kill me multiple times. He could've killed you. And you sitting here crying about him? Questioning me and how I'm supposed to feel? Fuck him, like I said before. He's dead and gone. Who gives a fuck?", asked Tyquez.

Jordan stood up.

"I'm going to step outside", said Jordan.

"Yea whatever", said Tyquez. "Sad about some nigga that treated you like shit and tried to get me killed. The nigga you say you wanna marry, almost died because of that nigga. And you upset?"

Jordan looked at Tyquez for a moment.

"He didn't give a fuck about you, why are you mourning him?", asked Tyquez.

Jordan walked out of the room.

Tyquez shook his head.

As he grabbed his phone. He called his mom.

"Hello? Everything okay?", asked Tyquez's mom as soon as she answered the phone.

"I don't know. Mom so...you know what happened last night with Jordan right?", asked Tyquez.

"Yes", she replied.

"Okay so she's over here depressed about that. Seem like she's more worried about him than me. So we had an argument. I feel like she shouldn't be mourning about him. He's the devil", said Tyquez.

"Tyquez I get it. That's her ex and you're upset about all the stuff that he has done but it's not like he died some some disease or something. She kill him, Tyquez. She took a knife to his heart and ended his life. She ended a life. Jordan is a caring person. She isn't cold hearted. It doesn't matter who is was Tyquez. She took a life. She's scared and traumatized", said his mom.

Tyquez didn't say anything.

"Now unless you have a medical problem going on, don't call me right now. I'm at work", said his mom.

"Why you so mad?", asked Tyquez.

"These people at this job is getting on my nerves.", said his mom.

Tyquez chuckled a little.

"Bye. I gotta go", said his mom before hanging up.

Tyquez put his phone down.

After talking to his mom, he realized that he was in the wrong and that he was being selfish. He was thinking about how traumatizing that could've been for her. He felt like an asshole.

TO BE CONTINUED....