Chapter 31

Aceras hugged Dalia and fell behind the bushes. He seemed to have judged that it was better than climbing there.

Fortunately, it didn't hurt at all. As you've know, Aceras is a transcendent, so he'll be fine.

The disturbance at the ballroom has already spread to here. The Duke's sister is missing from the palace, so everyone will mobilize all their resources to find her.

People were already running to the garden below. This is why Aceras will be misunderstood if they go out together. It's even worse since he just fought with Adrisha.

Fortunately, there is a rather large space behind the bushes, so it would take a while unless they look closely.

If caught, it would be faster for Dalia to lose her position and get revenge on the angry male lead than for Adrisha to be imprisoned. It was fortunate that Dalia did not suggest it.

As soon as Aceras came down, he sighed deeply.

"I made a stupid mistake, too. To think because of the hair tie."

The words sounded like Dalia was blaming herself.

As a result of observing him for a short time, Aceras could have thought that way because he had no conscience.

Dalia didn't want to be the target of revenge for the future male lead, so she pondered on how to overcome this.

"I think it's better if we tell the truth and ask for forgiv......."

"I'm sure you will be alright, but no one's gonna believe me. I will be decapitated by the angry Lady Adrisha and the Duke."

"Ha ha, ha."

She couldn't deny it at all. Dalia turned the subject around.

"Why are you doing something that shouldn't be caught? What happened with Adrisha?"

"......"

This time, Aceras became quiet.

After a long time, he sighed and turned his head to her magpie nest-like hair.

"......I'll tell you everything that happened. Miss Dalia, I have a plan."

She knew she shouldn't believe in Aceras's 'honesty' at face value, but Dalia nodded pretending not to know.

"What plan?"

"There's a small ember.... It's small, but because it's surrounded by fields, it's likely to spread extremely quickly." (*t/n: for those who didn't understand what he means here, it's an analogy. So the ember/fire here = rumor. I'm pretty sure the fields here = the stupid chatterbox crown prince. Since he can't keep his mouth shut, so the rumors can spread quickly.)

"......You can't possibly like watching fire, aren't you?" (*t/n: basically it means that he likes to watch the drama/chaos the rumor caused..)

Aceras nodded shyly.

'So you're trying to spread that I was responsible for the Duchess Blueport incident?'

Dalia widened her eyes in bewilderment.

"But there was someone who seemed to put out the hard-earned embers right away. So I......"

Aceras spoke with a hazy look. On the other hand, Dalia cooled down.

"Get out."

Dalia pushed him with her foot.

Aceras was confused and grabbed Dalia.

"What are you doing, Miss Dalia!"

"I don't like Aceras. Now pay for your sins."