Prelude

As the population of those who wield abilities grows with every generation, safety is a continued concern. New cities are raised as hubs to house these people together for research and security. The city of Haven is one such city, a bustling metropolis advertised as a place that is safe and secure for people with abilities.

   After an upbringing of trauma and abuse as a science experiment to be weaponized for military purposes, Karma and his friends managed to break free of the chains of his abusers after a fight to destroy them and discovered the city in their travels.

   However, beneath Haven's facade of peace, prosperity, and security lies an Underworld of shadow organizations that exist to maintain that image by whatever means necessary; and Karma finds himself leading one of them.

   In a near future filled with advanced technology, and people capable of unimaginable things, the denizens of Haven in both the Over and Underworld struggle as the city's façade is constantly tested. Criminals, mercenaries, vigilantes, heroes, villains, crime syndicates, and shadow organizations find themselves in a constant struggle for dominance as tensions rice, conflict erupts, and disaster approaches.

   Haven is a lie, one that must not be spilled lest everything falls to chaos.

WARNING

   This story contains excessive language, violence, suggestive and sexual themes. It is not meant to be read by children, or anyone who is bothered by frequent depictions of blood, violence, foul language, death, body horror, use of drugs and alcohol, suggestive and sexual themes, and possible mentions of suicide, trauma, and many other triggering concepts. Readers be warned.

Note: This is the second draft of my story. While I am happy with it, it is not fully polished yet and ready for publication. Me posting this is to not only share and build community, but to also hopefully get some feedback. Consider yourselves my beta readers if you want, and feel free to comment and give and feedback or criticisms you think are necessary.