T W E N T Y - N I N E

Boot

Three more months. I tell myself as I sit in this cell bored, waiting for Drevon to get off work.

I'm glad he is out and on his shit. He gave me a lil tour of the house he found for rent, he already moved in and shit. I'm too happy about that, because how was we going to do us?

It would definitely look suspicious if we kept disappearing together to get a hotel room. He still got my uncle taking him to and from work for the time being. Said something about not having enough to get a nice cash car for right now. But he is pretty good at living with the bare needs, so it's easy for him to save.

He got two phones now though, said one is for me. I love the fact that he ain't get out, get on his shit, and then forget about a nigga. I really love him and can't picture not being with him. I'm barely surviving this lockup shit now that he is gone.

He making me feel his love for me too. I love that he loves me like I love him. Every move he makes is centered around me and Toots and it makes me feel so...special—loved. Then my baby getting so big on me.

She calls me daddy now. Fucked up thing is, she started calling her daddy Drevon. He pouted for two weeks straight when she first did it. She been doing it for two, almost three, months now. I think it's because I call him Drevon so much and she loves me.

On his weekend to have her when he has overtime, I get to see her and my Granny. Pops still looks out for us by bringing them to visit me. I almost wish he could come and visit me, but even if he could, that would raise entirely too many red flags for people.

I miss him so much though. A nigga done became a hermit in this bitch missing him so much. If it ain't for my hygiene, work or commissary pickup, I'm always in here. I try to stay on the phone with him as much as I can.

I can say that I have been working out more to occupy the time. All my years being locked up ain't feel as hard as it do now. I check the time on the phone to see it's only four fifteen. So I go ahead and start doing some push ups to pass the time.

On my one hundred and fourteenth pushup, Kenneth comes and knocks on the door of my cell.

"What's up, shawty?" He asks as I let him in.

"Nothing, just working out." I state the obvious.

"Got to look good for them freaky FaceTime calls huh?" He smirks at me.

"Shut the fuck up," I glare at him. He heard me the other day on the phone with Drevon, so now he likes to pick at me for it. "I don't even know why you in here trying to judge me, your freak ass sat at the door and listened."

"I damn sure did. That was hot as fuck, shawty. When you get out, I'ma need y'all to send me a video." He busts out laughing.

"Your nasty ass," I shake my head laughing lightly.

"I'm mostly joking, but hey, if you want to send it for real I'm all for it."

"Only in your dreams will I ever send you or anybody else some shit like that, dick." I shake my head at him as I use the towel to wipe off my sweat.

"Even if I'm offering to pay?"

"Chill, dick," I shake my head laughing again. "But what's up? I know you ain't come in here to ask for no sex tape from me and my nigga."

"Naw I didn't. I just came to chill for a lil bit. Zoe talking business with his car, so I'm just in here to pass the time."

"So you using me," I tease going to wipe my sweat off then putting my shirt on.