제 11 과

Alone with him in his empty place. For almost two hours. Thinking about it, I feel some sparks of chills run down my spine every time I can't help but take furtive glances at him during the whole Physics class we get to be in the same room. Prompts to him for never looking anywhere apart from the blackboard and the teacher every time he lifts up his head.

But at least, today wouldn't be just us—today is the day I'll be going to his house for the first time. It turned out that Daisy didn't oppose since she gets to meet Jay anyways.

Tsk, maybe love does make people crazy. The usual demure and reticent Daisy seems as if she'd overcome her introverted soul every time she gets to talk about her one and only Jay.

However, I think unexpected things are happening a lot these days since Jungwon shows up next to my desk while I'm packing my things as the school day is over.

"Hey"

I look up, a tad flustered. "Hey"

"Jake's dropping us at my place—me and Jay. You wanna come along with us?"

With all the boys? Uh-uh.

I get up, fixing the chair in its decent position.
"I don't think I can. Daisy and I have somewhere to head in first. It's cool with you if we come to your house after that, right?"

"Would it take long?"
He lightly frowns.

Some sudden thoughts invade my mind but I don't have time to process them as I briskly reply, "of course not. We'll be there at 4."

"Okay," he shrugs, "are you sure you'll be able to find my place?"

"Yes. I'm good with maps." I lightly shakes my phone to him, making him know I'm confident at finding places—apartments are easy to be found, especially the top floors.

It feels weird to be walking side by side with with him. I don't know why he decides to walk with me but I act unbothered like myself so that we can walk down the stairs in a comfortable ambience though we rarely exchange a word all the way down the ground floor of the school building. He walks ahead of me toward the parking lot when we get outside and I meet Daisy at the school gate.

I smirk at the way she made up her hair a bit different from usual. The sparkly pearls sculpted at her hair-clips she has on both sides of her head shines her cheeks.

She grabs my arm with excitement as soon as she spots me. "Dan, let's hurry so that we won't be late!"

"No, tell me where we are going first!" I giggle.

"The perfume house. I've checked the place. It's only ten minutes walk from Jungwon's apartment." She shoves her phone displaying a photo of the said shop before my face.

"Why are you getting a perfume now?" I ask.

"Because the one I have run out a couple of days ago. And I didn't know you would arrange things this fast so I haven't bought it yet. I need to get it before we go there because I smell of sweats moving around the whole day."

She doesn't even smell anything except a faint baby powder scent she always gives out.

She adds, "seriously, I didn't know you would make friends with Jungwon this fast because despite the rumors, I personally didn't think he was that friendly or nice. But I have to say, I think he's into you."

And she starts saying nonsense out of excitement.

I sarcastically smile, "let's just focus on you and Jay, alright, Daisy?"

She chuckles, "I'm serious. It's not something bad. You and Jungwon, me and Jay, we could even go on double dates!"

Jake's well-known white Jeep passes us amidst her words and I may have caught a glimpse of some of the boys' glancing eyes on us.

I get startled and push Daisy a bit far from the road, worrying if they heard her, considering the roof of the Jeep is opened and he is one of those standing up at it.

"Dan, don't be a chicken. I'm just saying."

I give a side eye to Daisy.