To most people it probably was weird but it was normal for her.

"I need to go grocery shopping" She mumbled to herself after looking in her refrigerator. She was blessed with an EBT card (Food stamps). She never had to worry about groceries because of it.

She was about to start singing the song that was playing until her phone began to ring.

Mo🦋
Would like facetime...

She heavily sighed before accepting the call. "Hello?" She said, putting the phone down to make it look at the ceiling.

"Hey, babycakes!" She heard through her AirPods.

Ari chuckled at her excitement. "Hey MoMo," She said, cleaning the dishes.

"You coming to the club today?" She asked.

Ari frowned confused, "Yeah... I thought I was on the schedule?" She asked.

"I didn't make the schedule this time, Ash did. But I still had to ask because you kno' yo' ass like ta' take people's shifts and not tell nobody so we can come to get you" She ranted.

Ari started chuckling "Be on dat damn bus and shit. Then want to walk up in work like everythin' sweet. Girl fuck you" She heard Ash say.

Ari genuinely started laughing, they were really serious about her not riding the bus anymore. Her not wanting someone to go out of their way for her, she never tells them when she picks up extra shifts.

Over the last few weeks, Mo and Ash had been trying to force her to be their friend. They always tried to get to know her more but she didn't think there was anything to get to know.

They always called her just to talk, even Kassy started being more persistent in getting to know her.

Ari wanted to but always had a little voice in her head that told her to continue to keep them at a distance. She never had people actually wanting to be her friend so it was weird for her.

They were persistent though. Mo already told her all 4 of them were going to be good friends in the future but Ari always waved her off.

She thought they were going to leave her like everyone else so it wasn't a reason to get close to them.

They have all been showing her good vibes since she met them, she was just hesitant.

"What's yalls beef with my bus card?" She chuckled while putting her one fork up. She lived alone and never had company, she never saw the point of having more than one utensils.

"The same beef that crackhead had when he stole yo' phone and money" Mo chuckled.

"Girlll" She giggled. The more she thought about it, she hadn't seen that man since that day he robbed her. Usually, he would be in his tent in front of the apartments but he wasn't anymore.

"But you know we need you safe and stuff. I'll see you later than" Mo said. Ari told her okay before Mo hung up.

"Luckyyy" She sung, taking her AirPods out and putting them in the case.