|| Mēre - The Fire of the Sun ||

Start from the beginning

" But not fast enough. " I can feel his sword on the back of my neck. In our position right now, I am lost since the blade is nearly on my neck.

" I don't think so. " He gave me a confused look. I tip up my toe, trying to reach his height though I'm still a little bit shorter than him his eyes fell to my lips. I notice the lump on his throat and his desire to lean down closer to me.

I smirked into my mind before I stumped hard on his foot and pushed him down on the ground. He grunted out of pain and he was about to stand up but the tip of my sword was already under his chin.

" A woman can outsmart any man if she just knows what weapons to use. Sword isn't the only weapon that a warrior can hold. " Dion stared at me for a while before raising his hand as surrender.

" You win, Princess. I can't have my throat slit here. I still want to fight a war with you. " We heard the claps of our audience but one stood out more.

" Very good my dear sun! " I turned around to see my Uncle Oberyn.

" You're getting good at using different ways in a battle. However Ser Dion Blackmont. " He quickly rises while my uncle stroll towards us.

" You were too close to my niece. If you want to keep your hands, You better use them more appropriately. " It wouldn't take a genius to understand what Uncle Oberyn meant.

Even if Dion is a knight and my childhood friend, My uncles could be protective when it comes to boys. Especially this one, despite having the reputation my uncle Oberyn has, it didn't stop him from interfering with this kind of matter.

They've let me do my own thing here in Dorne, including not yet taking a man to be my betrothed as long as I obey them. The only thing that will truly please them is me fulfilling my oath.

" Uncle we're just training and I need Dion to be close to me since he'll be with me once I march into war. " I glanced at Dion and handed him my sword.

" Can you take care of it for a while? I have something to talk about with my uncle. " He nodded his head before taking his leave.

" Perhaps we should take this matter to a more private place. " My uncle gave his permission and we walked towards the garden of the palace.

I've always loved taking walks here in the garden either with my ladies or with Aeksion. It takes away some of my burdens and lets me think about things, like what if my house wasn't broken, my family was still alive and I am happy in my own home. I love it here in Dorne, I consider it as my home too but I miss the place where I was born.

I missed everything, the time when I didn't have to think about going to war, not being wary about my life, not pretending that I am okay and that I am strong. The real smile that I wore when I was a child, the smile of the common people whenever we visit the city, and my father playing his harp as I sing.

" Something is troubling you? " Uncle Oberyn's voice took me out of my thoughts.

" You're suddenly tearing up. " My head turned towards him and he brushed his thumb on my cheek. Wiping the tears that I shed.

" I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cry. It's just something that came to my mind. " He gave me a look that I can share my burden with him.

" It's alright. It is not the reason why I want to talk to you uncle. " I grabbed the scroll that I kept in the pocket of my beeches.

" You said that If I want something, I only need to ask. I found out what I want. " He unfolded the paper and saw what it was.

" A banner with a new sigil. " Uncle Oberyn gave me a questioning look.