Chapter 19

It was early morning, and Michael was awake. Lying silently, keeping Yannina in his arms, his hands brushed softly up and down her side, down to the thigh and back up to the side of her breast. At moments, he would brush his fingers over her scar. That must have been a major accident. He understood now why she would shrug off the small wound in her arm. Alarmed a little, he checked on her bandage. It was intact.

"You are so brave. So calm and composed in front of death. I, for one, started to fear more for you than for myself...because I love you so much. I couldn't stand losing you. I wanted to teach you how to live...stupid me! You taught me how to live, how to feel alive, how to sneak out of the house in disguise and enjoy the normal life I can never have otherwise. Your daredevil quality, making everything possible, laughing in the face of danger...You are addictive, my dear Yannina. Once I've had you, I can never let you go."

He whispered softly, still caressing her naked body. For a strange reason, he wanted to prolong these quiet moments before she woke up. What would she say? In the light of the new day would she regret last night? Would she push him away? That amazing moment when she had told him "all I know is you, baby, only you"...would she still hold on to it?

"Can you ever think to yourself without making it visible by gestures?" she murmured suddenly. "Of course I don't regret it...I couldn't regret it."

Michael was startled and looked down to see her eyes twinkling with humor.

"How did I make it visible?"

"You're holding me like I'm your lifeboat. I was actually woken up by a sudden inability to breathe in."

"Sorry" he mumbled loosening the hold around her body.

She shifted her position a little, coming closer to him, till they were chest to chest and face to face.

"I told you that you're gonna get us in trouble" she smiled, caressing his cheek.

Michael wrapped his arms back around her waist and grinned.

"I have the impression that you don't quite dislike this. You love trouble, don't you?"

"Mostly when I cause it. But I'll make an exception for you."

He ran a hand up her back bringing her face down to kiss her. Starting out as a soft, tender kiss, it grew into a desperate clinging to each other, lips bruising against each other, hands touching and rubbing and exploring each other.

"You are one fine kind of trouble, Yannina" he panted heavily. "I'm afraid you'll have to get used to the idea that you're stuck with me."

"I told you, you're a pest."

"Yea, I am. I ain't got here with my life and career simply standing on the curb and begging please."

"I respect that. When you get in a gang, you see who are the pushers and who are the doormats at one glance. You know where you stand from second one. If you hold their gaze and look unfazed, you're a pusher. If you whine around, you're doomed to be a doormat. I saw you walking to the gate on day one and I knew in one instant you're a pusher."

"Oh, yeah?"

"Definitely. It's in the attitude. I'll never buy your shy giggles and your lip biting and stuff. I saw you walking like you own every inch of land you step on and I've got you categorized....boyfriend."

He slapped her naked butt a little, grinning happily.

"Remember that I told you that you'd make one fine psychologist? You've just proven my point."

"Maybe....Never mind now. So...the plan for today."

"No plan. I had the show last night. And another kind of show afterwards, just as exhausting."