Kale

After leaving Varre, the man followed where the grace led him next. To a church, or at least some ruins of a church, North of where he was. However, there seemed to be something in the way. A golden armored figure, armed with a golden halberd, mounted on a golden armored horse.

The man looked at the figure for a minute before deciding to sneak around the armor-clad foe to get to the church. The man recognized when a fight was needed, but this was not the time for it. After all, he had to gain strength after his encounter with the Grafted Scion not too long ago.

Besides, who would be dumb enough to charge an armored opponent, clad in gold mind you, who clearly had an advantage with the land and their mount? Not the man, that was for certain.

A/N: Yeah, you know who you are. I'd also say if I saw ya rage quit to this guy and not even progress farther in the game and THEN come back to him, I'd call ya an idiot and say, "What we learn?" This is one of many jabs I may dish out to some of ya, try not to get offended :)

So, after crouching and hiding in some of the vegetation, the man finally made it to the church. But he wasn't alone. In the far corner of the church away from the entrance, a man in peculiar clothing sat by a small campfire, he held an instrument in his hands and a pack mule stood behind him.

Man: 'A merchant perhaps?'

The man thought. He shrugged before walking over to the possible merchant. The person in question looked up to see an armor-clad figure with his bastard sword standing near him, the sword itself was over his shoulder and not positioned to attack.

Merchant?: You're a Tarnished, I can see it.

His voice was raspy, but it held a polite inquisitive tone. He squinted his yellow eyes towards the man.

Merchant?: And I can also see... That you're not after my throat.

The man nodded in affirmation.

Merchant: Then why not purchase a little something?

Man: So, you are a merchant?

The man questioned; he received a nod in return.

Kale: I am Kale. Purveyor of fine goods.

The man nodded, but he needed to clarify something.

Man: What do you take as currency?

Kale only chuckled.

Kale: Why Runes of course. Coins, gold, glintstone, they're are all worthless when it comes to buying. Runes are the only currency in the Lands Between. Did you not know this?

The man shook his head.

Man: I recently arrived here, you could say.

Kale hummed in understanding.

Man: If you don't mind, can you tell me about yourself? Need to know who I'm dealing with when it comes to buying.

Again, Kale hummed in understanding.

Kale: I am of a nomadic people. Selling wares as I travel. The land has been tainted by madness since the shattering of the Elden Ring. Its only Tarnished like yourself who keep business from drying up entirely. *dry chuckle* Let's say you are a very welcomed customer.

The man nodded before asking to see what Kale is offering. Kale sets his instrument down before pulling out a bag containing his wares. He lays them down on a sheet and lets the man browse.

There was chainmail, a shield, a torch, arrows, bolts, throwing knives, some cracked pots, some cookbooks, notes, a telescope, and a crafting kit.

The man hummed in thought before asking for Kale's recommendation. Sure, he had plenty of runes to spare, but he might as well get an opinion from someone who knows their stuff.

Kale: You know, if you can spare the runes, you should by yourself a crafting kit. A crafting kit allows you to make basic items on your own. Essential really, if you intend to survive out here for any duration.

Man: 'Of course, that's basic knowledge.'

Kale: The kit costs a bundle, and I admit, I do take my cut. But the important thing is that you survive. Every customer counts, after all.

Man: 'Well, he is honest, and I do respect that.'

The man nods before deciding to buy the crafting kit, along with the cookbooks, telescope, and throwing knives. The man and Kale shake hands, both to complete the deal and for the transfer of runes.

Kale: I'm glad you took my warning to heart. You've made an excellent choice.

He spoke with both gratitude and respect. Something the man isn't used to, but he'll take it none the less.

As the man walks over to a site of grace and touches it, Kale gets his attention.

Kale: Before you head off, might I get your name? I feel that you are of the trusting sort, and I did enjoy our chat and transaction.

The man turns to Kale before looking to the ground. He could pick up nothing other than the truth from Kale's words. Again, rare for him but he'll take it. The man looks up to Kale.

Y/N: Y/N, you may call me Y/N.

Kale hums before nodding to Y/N.

Kale: Well Y/N, do try not to die out there. *chuckles* Safe travels, my friend.

Y/N nods before following the grace, seeing where it'll take him next.

A/N: Besides the little jab towards the beginning, hope you all enjoyed this. Again, thought I was going to go a bit further, maybe to the ruins before Melina perhaps, but decided against it. Elden Ring is a big game, so why not post things like characters, places, or boss fights individually? It allows some to ease into the story and digest info like this quite easily, and it allows me to breath when writing this. Anyways, let me know what you thought of this chapter and how I may go about writing this. Now, "Away! Away!"