19 - three's a crowd

Harvey laughed as Seth jumped in suprise when he turned around and nearly ran into him. They were currently in the cells of West state pen and were setting up for separate investigations.

Harvey had been making jokes all night with the rest of them.

"Jesus christ! Colby, your boyfriend is terrifyingly silent."

Colby laughed along with Harvey before they all settled down.

On Harvey's end of sitting at a semi-point of meeting between the three cells, nothing was really happening.

At least almost no words were coming through clearly. Since Colby and Harvey were very reluctant to separate, they decided to try an Estes method but all Harvey was hearing was static.

It wasn't until Sam had left the cell that anything came through.

Harvey hadn't seen the three get up an move, having closed his eyes in the dark hallway. Just as Sam explained the flashlight turning off on "inhuman spirit" the static blasting into Harvey's ears cleared.

"Attached."

"T- was that Harvey?" Seth sounded genuinely concerned as Colby and Sam's eyes widened. The three made their way toward Harvey.

"Ssh. Take him. Fear, love. Rabbit"

Harvey jumped harshly when Colby tapped his shoulder, Startled by the sudden hand. Shivering, he takes the headphones off and accepts the help up.

"That...I hate that. So much..did any of it make sense?"

"Not re-"

Sam cut Colby off with a wide look, realization catching up to him.

"Did you say attached?" Harvey nods, confusion and concern crossing his expression. He looked between the other three before he started to feel a sinking in his stomach.

"Shit...don't tell me someone has an attachment"

The silence told him everything.

Harvey's concern only grew as the others relayed their findings. Out of instinct and a sudden rush of exhaustion, Harvey slumped against Colby's arm. He felt slightly dizzy and cold, even as Colby wrapped his arms around him and kissed the top of his head.

"You okay?" Colby whispered and Harvey nodded.

"Just..lightheaded."

Lifting his head again, Harvey held onto Colby's waist and zoned out as the group debriefied.

Although he should have said something, Harvey dismissed the image of a tall shadow with beady green eyes staring down at him from the end of the hall as his sleep deprived brain seeing things out of the dark

------------------------------------------------------------