Chapter Thirty Five

KENDALL’S POV

“Haven’t we already had this conversation?” Dustin intervened. “Carlos will be fine he’s got a lot of girls to fall back on.” He winked and Carlos just laughed. “Kendall, we need to figure out how to get you and YN together officially before she leaves.”

All four of us turned and looked at Dustin with the same dumbfound expression and unison response, “What?!”

“Sam or YN didn’t tell you?” Dustin looked at me.

I shook my head.

Dustin’s eyes grew wide and he nonchalantly took a sip of his beer then said, “Oh shit.”

I got up and grabbed my phone to call YN and ask her what this was all about.

“Kendall, I’d wait for her to tell you herself.” Dustin warned.

“What if she doesn’t?” I asked him, already having the phone pressed to my ear listening to the ringing signifying that the call was being put through to her phone.

Dustin just shrugged and shook his head as if to say ‘whatever, it’s your call.’

“Hello?” I heard YN say.

“YN, are you still at the studio?” I asked.

“No, why?”

I made sure to stay calm. I wasn’t about to get angry with her, especially not when I was trying to prove to her that she could tell me anything. “What is this about you leaving?”

She didn’t say anything.

“YN?” I said.

“Did Sam tell you?”

“No, Dustin did.”

“THANKS DUDE.” Dustin said sarcastically. I waved my hand at him signifying for him to shut up.

“Just...can you come over? It’s something that I should...that I WANT...to tell you in person.” She said.

“Yeah, I’ll be there in a little.” I said.

After saying goodbye and explaining the conversation to the guys, I grabbed my keys and drove to her house only speeding a little bit this time.

“Hey Kendall!” She said when I arrived, welcoming me inside as if the conversation we’d had on the phone never happened, as if she though I’d forget about it on the way here when the reality was that it was ALL I thought about on the way here.

“You want anything to drink?” She asked me.

I sat down on her couch. “You have a bad habit of doing that.”

“What?”

“Trying to change the subject when we both know I’m not stupid.” I smiled.

She half smiled and stood in front of me.

“Come sit down so we can talk.” I said.

She looked down and shook her head, playing with the zipper at the end of her jacket.

“YN...” I said, slowly standing up to walk over to her. “What’s wrong?”

I reached over to lift her chin up, but she stopped my hand before it could touch her face and gently pushed it away.

Why was she suddenly pushing me away?

What was going on?

END OF POV