Chapter Twenty Six

KENDALL’S POV

She cocked her head to the side. “So Logan was yelling at you because he thought I liked you? As in liked you liked you?”

I let out a small nervous laugh. “Yeah, crazy, right?”

She looked up at me shyly. “I mean...well...not really.”

I began to respond, to confirm what I’d just heard. “So you do-“

“Here you are.” The waiter-Brandon?-set our plates on the tables.

“Thanks, Brandon.” She smiled.

“No problem, YN.” He said, looking into her eyes for a few seconds too long on my count.

The second he walked away, she looked at me with an apologetic expression.

“What?” I asked.

“I’ve known him for a while...He’s been in love with me since we were thirteen.”

I nodded, wanting nothing more than to continue our previous conversation. Just do it, I told myself. Ask her.

“YN, do you feel the same way about me that I do for you?”

“I-yeah. Kendall I really like you. A lot.” She said. I could see her hand shaking, and I knew how nervous she was.

I shook my head, smiling. “Don’t be so nervous, YN. You wouldn’t believe how much I’m freaking out right now, too.”

She laughed and I joined her.

“So, YN,” I said. “Would you like to go out sometime?”

She gave me a ‘seriously Kendall.’ look, then said, “Kendall, where do you think we are right now?”

I smiled. “So should we call this our first date?”

She smiled with me. “I think we should.”

I held up my cup. “Then cheers, to our first date.”

She clinked her glass against mine and we both took a sip. Both of us proceeding to laugh and ALMOST do a spit take on each other. ALMOST.

END OF POV

YOUR POV

We spent the entire day together, just hanging out. He even took me back to his house to watch a movie, and then we hung out at mine, talking about our lives. The only thing I failed to mention was that my parents died, and Sam basically raised me the past few years.

“Thank you so much for an amazing day.” I said to Kendall, smiling. It was around nine o’ clock and we’d been with each other the past twelve hours and still had a lot to talk about.

“I believe I could say the same.” He flashed me his adorable half-smile-smirk that caused his dimples to cave in.

I laughed. “I never would have pictured my first date with you in my PJ’s.”

He joined in with my laughter and said, “And again, I believe I could say the same.”

Our laughter slowed to a stop. He held my gaze, our eyes locked in a way that was close to impossible to pull away from.

“Not to sound corny, but I honestly do think you look better without all that makeup and dressy clothes.” He said, scratching the back of his head.

“I wouldn’t call them DRESSY...” I began, until he gave me a stern look. “Okay fine, I like to dress nice, is that such a problem?” I smiled.

He looked into my eyes and let his hand fall from the back of his head to his side, then shoved both hands in his pockets. He looked out to his left, down at his feet, back up to me, and said, “It is if I’m ever gonna call you mine.”