On an Island in the Sun Part 4

Harry could barely move when he woke up the next morning and he was sure the day couldn't get worse until he opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was a glaring Hermione Granger.

"Hey, Herms."

"Don't you try to act innocent, Harry Potter," Hermione growled. "And don't try to distract me by calling me 'Herms.' You know I hate that."

"Sorry."

"What were you thinking?" Hermione demanded. "Or were you thinking, do you know how dangerous it is to use so much magic in so little time?"

"Didn't think I was using that much," Harry said honestly. "It all just sort of caught up to me at the end after I stopped."

Hermione looked at him with wide worried eyes. "What are you going to do about the first task?"

"I'll figure something out," Harry replied easily. He started to get up.

"No!" Hermione barked. "You are not allowed to get out of bed today."

"You want me to skip class?" Harry asked incredulously.

"Luna, Hannah, Susan, and myself will be keeping you company and missing a day or two of class won't hurt you," Hermione said firmly.

"Not Daphne or Tracy?"

"I'm not happy with them at the moment and I've forbidden them to visit you without supervision," Hermione said with a raised chin.

"They listened?"

"I am acting as your Vicereine and Grand Chamberlain, Harry," Hermione said imperiously. "Of course they listened." Hermione's voice softened, "Feel better, okay, Harry?"

"Alright, Hermione," he agreed. "What's a Vicereine?"

"It's the feminine form of the word Viceroy," Hermione replied absently. She pulled a piece of parchment out of her pocket. "Here's the schedule I've worked out. I'm first, followed by Luna, Susan, Hannah, and then me again. Is that okay with you, Harry?" She hopped onto his bed. "We could all stay all day if you like."

"Stay if you want, go to class if you want," Harry said reasonably, not bothering to ask what the word Viceroy meant. "Whatever makes you happy."

IIIIIIIIII

Cedric frowned in concentration as he considered the information he'd been given. He hadn't been sure of it at first, but three different sources reporting the same thing could not be ignored. He was going to have to have a talk with young Harry Potter and if he was lucky, he might not need the Galleons he'd get
from winning the Triwizard after all.

IIIIIIIIII

Hermione did her best to paste McGonagall's frown number five on her face, the one she gave students who cast the bedwetting hex on their dorm mates, and glared down at the two Slytherin girls.

"I'm very unhappy with the two of you," she pronounced.

"Why aren't you angry at Harry too?" Tracy asked.

"Yeah," Daphne agreed. The girl code said that Granger should be ignoring their little indiscretions in favor of blaming everything on Harry.

"Why would I be angry at Harry?" Hermione asked with honest confusion. "Might as well be angry at a cock for crowing. Harry will do anything for a friend."

Her eyes narrowed and she turned to glare at Daphne and Tracy. "That's not to say that I'm not more then a little annoyed at the two conniving girls that took advantage of that friendship and still working hard to think of a way to express that displeasure."