Final challenge

(Scorpion, along with Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Kitana teleport into the arena.
Raiden notices their appearance and runs after them)

Raiden: Johnny Cage has been defeated, and I no longer sense Jackson Briggs' or Sonya Blade's presence in Outworld.

(Scorpion looks around and sees Mileena and the new Subzero chained up. Scorpion clenches a fiery fist. He looks at Shao Kahn seeing Quan Chi next to the throne. They make eye contact, Quan Chi looks disturbed at seeing his servant with the Earthrealmers)

Shao Kahn: Raiden! Put forth a worthy champion... if you can.

(Kung Lao begins to step forward, but hesitates. He looks to the Thunder God.
Raiden walks forth and addresses Shao Kahn)

Raiden: My champions Shao, Are Liu Kang and Kung Lao.

(Kung Lao steps forward, excited to get a shot to show his worth. Liu Kang gently sets down Kitana and joins Kung Lao. It is clear Shao Kahn isn't happy about the thought of two champions but allows it anyway)

Shao Kahn: You will face Shang Tsung.

(Tsung smiles while clenching his fist)

Shao Kahn: And Quan Chi.

(Quan Chi's disturbed look turns to a smile. The sorcerers step up to face the two champions)

Quan Chi: Earthrealm monks can not stop this Deadly Alliance.

Shang Tsung: On that we agree.

(They fight. Fighting one sorcerer alone would be a challenge, let alone both of them at once, but the two friends are more than a worthy match for them. Using all of the fighting skill at their disposal, they puts up an amazing battle and, against all the odds, emerges victorious against the two sorcerers)

Kung Lao: It is done!

Shang Tsung: No, Kung Lao. Not nearly so.

(Quan Chi and Shang Tsung pick themselves up and walk back to Shao Kahn's throne. The gates to one side of the Coliseum open to reveal a gigantic Shokan - or more accurately, a tiger Shokan. As the crowd cheer the beast's appearance, he roars out loud and faces the two. They keep their stances and demeanor steady until Goro walks out, following his Shokan brother)

Kintaro: I will eat your hearts!

(They fight. The tiger Shokan proves to be one of the most intense fights of their lives. It takes everything the Shaolin monks have left to remain in the battle, but they eventually manage to fight their way through Kintaro's and Goro's defenses and take the melee to them. Finally, the mighty Kintaro falls along with Goro and is left unconscious on the floor)

(Laughing in victory, Kung Lao parades to the booing crowd, bowing in mockery and waving his hat at them. For once Liu Kang shares the feeling of pride. He then turns to the Thunder God)

Kung Lao: You see, Raiden? Earthrealm is free!

(Raiden spots Shao Kahn leaving his throne and approaching the champions.
Raiden teleports between them with his arms crossed)

Raiden: I believe our business is done here.

(Shao Kahn lets out an angered grunt before reeling his hand to punch him.
The Kahn thrusts his fist forward successfully punching the thunder god.
As Kahn basks in the crowd's cheers, Liu Kang and Kung Lao pause, shocked at seeing their mentor begging struck)

Raiden(barely flinching): Does that make you feel better?

(Shao Kahn attempts to push past Raiden but is stopped with a simple hand on his shoulder)

Raiden(calmly): Touch my fighters, and I will strip the flesh from your bones.

Shao Kahn(pointing at the champions): Witless boys Do you know who I am?

Kung Lao: The failure?

Shao Kahn: I am Shao Kahn! Conqueror of Worlds! You will taste no victory.

(He once again tries to push past Raiden, but he starts a charge of lightning and fires it at the Kahn. Shao is sent back a few feet but quickly gets back up)

(They fight. Shao Kahn was strong, stronger than almost anyone, but Raiden was no longer unable to interfere. Despite Shao Kahn's brutality, the power of a god itself was too much for the Kahn to handle. He was able to get a few powerful hits on Raiden, but eventually the god prevailed. Shao Kahn lays on the ground defeated)

(The coliseum is silent)

Shang Tsung: I cannot believe... Earthrealm has won.

(A light from the heavens shines down on him, the Elder Gods noting his victory in the new tournament)

Raiden: The Elder Gods have spoken. Earthrealm is free of Shao Kahn forever.

(With a flick of his head, Tsung motions to two Tarkatan guards. They pick up Kahn's body and walk off)

Liu Kang: One last thing is in order.

(Liu walks over to Goro and yanks the red sash from the Shokans belt. Goro growls in response, but as a warrior, he understands the sentiment of having trophies)
(Liu walks over to Kung Lao and presents him with the sash)

Liu Kang: This sash belonged to the great Kung Lao, your ancestor. It is your right to have it.

(Kung Lao smiles for a bit, having finally proven his might)

Kung Lao: Thank you, but.. Red's never been my color anyway. Keep it.

Liu Kang: Are you sure? It was-

Kung Lao: It is my turn to be humble, Liu Kang. You need more red in your outfit anyway.

(Liu looks down and chuckles. He gently nods and ties the sash around his waist.

(Shao Kahn's minions begin to walk out of the stadium, following their unconscious leader. Jade helps Kitana to her feet. Liu Kang walks back over to the female ninjas)

Jade: Thank you, Liu kang. For saving my friend.

Liu Kang: I am not in need of thanks.

(Scorpion walks over to the chained up prisoners. He first approaches a tearful Mileena and silently unchains her. Once she is free she holds her pained wrists. Scorpion hands over her mask. Mileena opens her mouth to thank him but doesn't know what to say. The hellspawn walks over to the second prisoner)

Subzero: The Scorpion. I should kill you for what you've done!

(He begins to unchain him. Subzeros cold breath seeps from his mask, confirming his identity as a cryomancer. The chains loosen and Subzero is freed. Scorpion begins walking away)

Subzero(confused): You freed me.

Scorpion: Be grateful I did not kill you.

Subzero: I will not forgive you for what happened to my brother.

Scorpion: I'm not expecting you to.

(Mileena runs over to Kitana and hugs her)

Mileena: Father, he-.. he..

Kitana: I know.. I know.