2: Party.

(three months after the break up) 

The music was loud, blasting through my ears, making my heart beat faster.   Big parties had never been my scene, but it was about time I did something with my friends to take him off my mind. 

As my group walked further into the crowd of people, we began to get suffocated by people moving to the music around us. Being in such a big crowd made my anxiety raise, and put me into a slight panic. I slipped away to the bar, ordering 2 shots of tequila, one for the nerves and one for fun. 

I threw back the first shot, the bitter flavor burning my throat. With each passing second the taste weakened on my tongue, but continued to linger. The strong taste reminded me of him, its what he tasted of.  

I quickly took the second shot, an attempt to erase him from my mind. I winced at the taste and joined my party again, but before i could get to them they decided it was time to get drinks for everyone. 

They ordered a round of shots for our table, all of us taking them at the same time, flinching at the taste. We all sat around a small table off to the side, just chatting. 

My eyes wandered around the room, observing the place and the people. This party was held at a mansion, and had to have at least 1000 people there. We were sat in a big open room, it's where most of the people were, dancing and drinking. There was a few people in the backyard, smoking and getting high.                                                                                                                                                    Watching the people smoking pot through the window, added a taste of weed to my tongue, one that I suddenly longed for, but I had already worked so hard on breaking the habit, and I don't want to fall back into. 

I pulled my eyes away from the window to look back to my friends, but before I could, my eyes came to a halt. My eyes burned as i looked at the person I never expected to see again.

"Fuck, whats he doing here" one of my friends said, noticing him 

"guys, we should go" she said but i stopped her. 

"no, I'm not going to let HIM of all people ruin our night out." I said. They all agreed and the night carried on like normal: Shots dancing laughing, most of your group ending up extremely sick. 

Soon all my friends wanted to go home, all of them looking like a mess. "we should get going" my only sober friend said her arms wrapped around one of the girls who could barely stand on her own. "I think I'm gonna stay." I said, my eyes falling back onto him

"Don't you dare Silvia!" she said with a stern look on her face.                                                                         "I won't! I promise." I said looking her in her eyes.  "okay..." she said and left with everyone else reluctantly. 

I found a seat by myself, but I wasn't by myself for long. Sam started walking towards me, I wanted to get up and sneak away, but he got to me before I could. 

"are you ignoring me?" He said as he reached me.                                                                                                   "What do you think, Sam?" I said snapping back, not making eye contact.                                                  "C'mon! It's been 3 months. can't we just talk as friends?" he said, making a pouty face like he used to when we were together.                                                                                                                                       "No. Not after what you did." I said before getting up and leaving him to be alone 

I walked out into the backyard, needing some fresh air. The air wasn't all that fresh though, as it was filled with cigarette and weed smoke. 

As I was walking over to a chair, a hippie offered me to share his joint, as he said "you look stressed" and of course, he was right, I was insanely stressed. 

Without a second thought, I took the joint from him and inhaled it, the smoke burning my throat as it traveled down to my lungs. I exhaled and took another puff, this time taking it easier. I handed the weed back to him and walked away. 

"I thought you quit." a voice said, his eyes burning holes into my head.                                                          I turned my head around to look at him. "why does it matter? Are you following me?"                      "Yes, I need to talk to you. Why are you smoking?" He said, a stern look growing on his face.           "Because I need to stay high to forget how much I've missed you." I said sadly back at him, instantly regretting what I said. I stood up to leave, just wanting to get out of that situation. 

But when I started walking away, He grabbed me by my arms and kissed me.