I turn around and start walking out.

"Oh trust me George, I always get what I want" he mumbles from behind me.

He wants that? Clay wants that?!

"Wait you want?... that" I turn back around to where he was previously standing but am met with nothing other than the changeroom door slowly closing, causing me to trail off.

What the fuck just happened? Clay admitted to wanting that? He wants to see me on my knees.

Well too bad that would never happen in a million years. If anything he would get on his knees for me. Not the other way around.

I make my way outside finally and start my car ready to head home.

My mind is spiraling replaying those words over and over. He didn't really mean that did he? I mean he hates me. Why would he want that. Perhaps to hold over me? To see me at my most vulnerable.

Unlucky for him that he has made me hate him so much, or else he would have potentially gotten the chance. But not anymore.

As I'm driving my phone vibrates in my pocket. I'll answer it later its fine. But what if its Clay? Maybe he will elaborate on what he said.

My curiosity gets the best of me and I pull out my phone, silently praying its Clay for some reason.

My face falls when the notification reads 'Mom'.

I groan and decide I shouldn't text and drive so I'll answer later. Why was I hoping it was him?

 What is wrong with me. 

When I get home my mom greets me for the first time in awhile. I guess that's what she was texting me about, giving me a heads up that she will make dinner instead of me having to order some.

"George!" She exclaims her bright smile already brightening my mood. She dusts off her apron and rushes towards me, opening her arms wide to welcome me into a huge hug. "Hey mom, I wasn't expecting to see you" I say into her shoulder, my happiness apparent in my voice. I love having company around the house every once in awhile, it gets lonely. 

"I texted you did you not see it?" She pulls away and walks back to the kitchen where she previously was, busying herself with cooking. 

"No I was driving" I say putting my backpack down on one of the seats. 

"Smart boy" she smirks and looks in my direction, continuing to whisk away whatever contraction she's making. I give her a genuine smile in return, slumping down into one of the chairs and just enjoying her company all together. 

"How long are you staying?" I ask curiously, my chin resting on my hand. 

"Only for a few hours" she replies nonchalantly. 

"That's it?" I ask, it being quite evident in my tone that I am disappointed by her response. 

She finishes up with what she was doing and gives me an apologetic look, "look George I miss you lots too but work has been extremely busy at the moment." She grabs some plates and starts setting the table, "besides, I made your favourite, pancakes!" 

I don't even like pancakes anymore, but its not like she would know anything about my life. It used to be my favourite back in the U.K. I try my best to be grateful anyway for the gesture, even though it has made me even more sad in the process. "Thanks mom" I mumble. 

We sit there for awhile, sharing stories about our school life and work life, catching up on what we have missed. Its like she doesn't even live here anymore. And I'm scared my loneliness will only grow since Braden is no longer around. I fill her in about the breakup but of course, spare the details. I tell her that we just didn't work anymore and that he was too preoccupied with football.