"Nagpapalit ka ng babae noon na parang damit lang tapos ngayon parang 'di ka na makalabas diyan sa nilunuran mo?"

"She's probably his karma for all of those girls' heart that he broke."

Iniangat ko ang ulo para bigyan ng masamang tingin si Kuya na kakapasok lang. He gave me a sheepish grin, holding a cup of coffee as he kissed his wife good morning.

Mas lalo akong nainis. Nandito na nga ako't basag ang puso tapos magga-ganiyan pa sila sa harap ko. Wala ba silang respeto?

"I'm loads better than Wes, right?" sa halip na tanong ko na lang.

Sabay na umiling ang dalawa na akala mo hindi nakakasakit ng damdamin. They didn't even hesitate with their answer.

"Kung kailangan kong mamili sa inyong dalawa, magiging single na lang ako habangbuhay."

"Hindi naman ikaw ang pinapapapili, Ate. Pangit kaya ng taste mo."

I received an incoming slipper on my face and was kicked out of my brother's house after that. Ang naging tawa ko sa reaksiyon nila ay napalitan ng galit nang makabalik sa sasakyan. I drove around the city the whole time, almost exceeding the speed limit.

I hate losing.

Kapag isa lang kaaway ko, I make sure I win. Kapag marami na, staying neutral gives me the best wins. I can just stay at the side, watch them butt heads and leave victorious. My worst opponent is that devil who wins easily... as if winning was a part of his identity.

But just as I hate losing games and contests, or especially being defeated by him, losing her was the most heartbreaking.

She was exactly like salvation. She was the safe space I could run to when the world was exhausting me. Sa kaniya ko lang talagang hinayaan ang sarili na magpakatotoo. Dahil pagdating kay Finley, kaya kong maging ano.

I can be the cruelest man who will shed her enemy to pieces or the softest gentleman that will wipe her tears away.

But I was never the person she cried to...

I did cry for and because of her though.

"Marry?!"

I exclaimed, slamming the glass of beer down. Gavin jumped, surprised, and Eura glared at me.

Hindi ako makapaniwala sa sinabi nila kanina nang pumasok sa condo. I just had a stressful jeje conversation with Oliver and their very big news didn't lessen the stress. Instead, it made me take my strongest alcohol out so I could just slightly control my emotions. Sobrang bigat ng puso ko sa lungkot at galit.

"Maghunos dili ka nga! At oo, marriage. May pari. Kasal ba, putangina mo. Parang sa others ka naman. Siyempre kasi ilang years na din silaㅡ"

"They weren't together when we left the game," reklamo ko. "Years later, they weren't even a couple yet. Bakit naman sila dumiretso sa kasal?"

"Tanungin mo 'ko kasi alam ko."

Tangina, magpipilosopo pa ngayon ang Eura'ng 'to.

Gavin cleared his throat. "It was just Wes' honoring his promise to Finn's parents to pursue her after five years. Pero nakapagdesisyon na si Finn na sagutin siya pagkalabas pa lang natin."

I scoffed, gulping down another glass of beer. Even my effort after was ignored, huh. I guess she didn't even realize they were my declaration of love, she simply thought it was me being a kind friend.

That's cute but what the fuck.

"Kairo, if you had half a mind, you would already see how their relationship would end. I'm telling you this as your friend," ani Eura at nilagyan ulit ng alak ang baso. "The moment we left the game, nobody had a chance to steal Finn."