CHAPTER 23

Taehyung's POV.....

Y/n was sleeping soundly in the room. Kiara, Kaira, Dr. Margaret and I were seated in the living room discussing about the incident that happened earlier.

"Dr., do you know anything about the mark that has embedded in y/n's wrist?" I waited for long. She was thinking deeply. I guessed she doesn't know anything about it.

"Tae...I really don't know anything about it. Maybe it is related to her mastering water control."

"It maybe. The legend was written before her learning all these so probably anything about this was not preserved." Kiara's words somehow made me sad. I was worried for her. What if there were more surprises for her. She would really have to go through a lot of pain. I can't just stand idle and see her suffer like that. Tears ran down my cheeks. I couldn't meet anyone's gaze. I kept looking at my lap.

Suddenly I was awakened from my thoughts by someone's footstep. I turned back to see Y/n rubbing her eyes in sleep. She looked more cute just like a baby who has just woken up.

Y/n's POV....

I woke up hearing people talking. I went out to see what they were talking about. My vision was blurry as I was not completely awake. I could see someone's face drenched in tears.

I rubbed my eyes to make my vision clear. A small lump formed in my throat. Tae was crying. But for what? who made him cry?. I wanted to know everything about the person who made him cry. I am going to teach him a good lesson.

I moved quickly towards Taehyung. I cupped his cheeks and cleaned the tears with my thumb.

"Hey snow leopard, why are you crying?"

"Ah...no-nothing, I-I was just thinking about something." He wiped his tears away and moved back from my embrace not meeting my eyes. I definitely knew something was up. I caught his hand and pulled him into a room. I pushed him inside and locked the door. I turned to see him looking at the window.

"Now, tell me what's wrong? tell me who made you cry? did Dr. or Kiara and her daughter say something to you?"

"It's-it's....I am worried about you y/n. I still can't forget the scenes of today morning. I promised to always be there for you and not let you get hurt but...but what if something like this happens again and I wasn't with you and something serious had-" I cut him off. I placed my finger on his lips and stared at his bright hazel eyes.

"Shush! nothing will happen to me. I know to take care of myself and above all, I know you would be there for me no matter what. I have a loving family to take care of me. I have Kaira, Dr. and Kiara to always be my side. Most importantly, I have you by my side. Nothing will happen to me."

His glistening eyes directly stared into my soul. I could see the love he had for me, if not why would he cry worrying for me. I removed my finger, waiting for his response. 

He came forward and rested his forehead on mine. I could feel his heavy breathing. I touched his chest and could feel his heart beat in an inhuman speed. He finally spoke up.

"y/n...sorry for making you worried. Thanks for trusting me." The next thing I remember is his lips meeting mine. I could feel my eyes glow. I saw my reflection on the dressing table mirror. My eyes were glowing brighter than they usually do.

 I crossed my arms around his neck. Tears fell from his cheeks. He moulded his lips into mine. The glow of his birth mark made me close my eyes tight.

Somewhere in my heart, I felt it was wrong. My heart was not agreeing to accept him. But why? why I didn't want to accept him? I slowly broke from his embrace. Guilt ran through my spine. Tae looked at me with surprise. I couldn't meet his gaze. I looked away and walked towards the door, not before he caught my wrist.