𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎. 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷

Начните с самого начала

''I know,'' I whispered back, ''can you stop that? You don't wanna get another day of detention, then be quiet!''

His lips curved upward again; maybe a reply to him was a bad idea, only would lead him to open his mouth more. ''So you know my name, then I'll demand yours. What's your name?''

''Shut up. I've got to finish this before Mrs. Olson releases us.''

''What? Do you have plans later? I was thinking about buying you a milkshake.''

I send him a harsh glare, and he raised both hands to midair as a sign of surrender.

''Class dismiss. Ms. Sauven, could you come forward for a second?'' asked my biology teacher, Mrs. Olson. She's been nice to me since I did quite well in her biology lessons. And she's super generous to provide help once she knew I had to deal with my abusive stepfather. However, I didn't plan to give more details about it, and it'd only turn into hot gossip like Mr. Moody's case.

Peter looked at me with a goofy grin appeared on his face, mouthing somewhat: 'I got your last name.'

''See you later, Sauven,'' said Peter, then he dashed out to the corridor along with another student (the guy sat by the corner).

''Do you know him?'' asked Mrs. Olson, cocking her brow in skeptical.

''No, I don't. That oddball just talked to me for no reason; maybe he's bored.''

Mrs. Olson smiled, slightly shaking her head in amusement. ''Alright then. (Y/N), how's your stepfather treating you lately?''

''He's...fine. Same all patterns, drunk, beat, and yell shits at me all the time.''

''(Y/N), if you need help, you can always come to-,'' said Mrs. Olson warmly, but I cut her off instantly.

''Sorry, Mrs. Olson, I have part-time later, so I've got to rush,'' I replied, running out of the classroom and hearing her sigh heavily.

What's the point of getting help? To get more attention? To call the cops and arrest him? For what? The scars on my legs? They would eventually disappear, so there's no proof to provide. There was nothing the school counselor and other teachers could do, but the only person who trusted me was Mrs. Olson. Mr. Moody would doubt my words sometimes. He thought I was making up most of the things when I ran late, like an excuse.

-

When I got out of the school gate, it was pretty chill. No one was in the school anymore except for the teachers, who still needed to work on their projects, and they all were too busy to look out their windows.

I peered down at my watch, sighing. Eight minutes to start my work, but I'm still here. That convenience store was a bit far away from my school; I had to walk at least fifteen minutes there.

As I began to walk down the steps, I caught a glimpse of horror. A little boy, probably his kindergarten age or something, driving his ride-on car on the road with a truck coming his way from the opposite!

''No!'' I yelled, speeding to the front of that little boy and shielding him with my flesh.

Well, I didn't mention before, did I? I'm a mutant.

I could heal tiny wounds and scars; it wouldn't hurt me or affect me that much. But if it was a severe injury like a fracture, I had to use my power to receive the pain to cure the person, which would cause me to lose a lot of energy. Sometimes I could erase memories and come up with a new one to add to the person I wanted to change. Recently, I found another ability could make: an invisible forced shield to protect myself.

Having the power was all because of my father since he was a mutant too. He had an invisible ability like a chameleon but would disappear out of thin air. He was fast and had super strength to kick ass villains. But he died during the Cuban accident. He fought there with the so-called proud team, X-men. He was so glad to be part of the team. Anyway, that's why I am a mutant; I carried on the genes.