CHAPTER 14: TERRIBLE SCENE

Start from the beginning

Huh?

"You're like a little sister to me. I never had a female sibling so maybe this is how it feels to have one." He stated.

Like, huh?

"I hope I'm not creeping you out with the way I'm acting this way today." He lastly stated before smiling elegantly, showing his gorgeous white teeth.

Dave Kings, are you really the Dave who used to insult me and play with my feelings? I never thought he will tell me something today I wasn't ready to hear yet.

"O-Of course you're not creeping me out, Dave! I'm just glad that you care a little about me..." I shyly scratched my nape while laughing appropriately. I should know by now, it's really him and he cares about me.

Who would have I thought that this guy has some weird side?

Maybe I was just hallucinating when he turned his gorgeous eyes towards me... as he moved closer, and closer...

Oh, that was really surprising.

He wrapped an arm around me and pulled me to him, giving me a gentle hug. What?

"I suddenly feel guilty you know? Maybe I should make it up for you for making you feel discouraged for the passed few months. I shouldn't treat a girl like that and I really hope I'm not turning into some monster in your mind." He said before releasing me.

Oh.

"T-Thank you... Dave." I was loss of words to hear him blabber like an old man. I just hope he's telling the truth to comfort me and encourage me.

And as I expected!

Someone pulled my hair from behind. Before I could turn to defend myself, she tightly squeezed my bun on her fingers.

"How dare you flirt with my boyfriend?!" That cringy voice that echoed through the open pavilion.

"Christine, what are you doing?" Dave worriedly asked while staring at us in shock.

Oh my gosh, I think my hair roots are gonna get pulled out from my head. It hurts so much! I tried pulling my head away but her damn grip were so tight that I was closing my eyes.

"Go to hell flirt!" I was surprised how strong Christine was while pulling my hair even tightly. I can feel her shaking in absolute anger and jealousy. Like, what a jealous bitch.

"Let her go, Christine! She wasn't doing anything!" Dave gently stated back, holding back himself not to hurt her with the way he talks... and that hurts.

"Really?! Cheating behind my back, Dave! I saw everything!" Christine started screaming while pointing one of her free hand's finger at Dave, still pulling my hair tightly on the other. "You think I didn't see you hugging? Don't make me look dumb!"

I can't believe that this thing is really happening. A lot of students were watching us while passing by with worse look on their faces.

Dave was standing in front of me like a frozen guy while Christine is exploding like a mad woman pulling my hair childishly. I was in the between while holding my hair in place, maybe to ease the pain I felt from the intense grip from her fingers.

"Let go of her and let's talk, babe..." Dave drew a deep breath before holding Christine's hands to let go of my hair.

"No!" Christine yelled stubbornly. "You think you can date whoever you want behind my back? You stupid!" I wasn't sure if she was yelling at me or Dave.

Students started swarming around us and it's not a good idea to fight in places like this. Some of them are already gossipping, taking out their smartphones to do whatever they feel like doing.

"Christine..." Dave's tone started to turn into a warning. My eyes started to water with the pain and I have no choice but to wipe my face while waiting for Dave to stop her from strangling me.

"If I were you Dave, you should've thought well before you approach this leech! Seriously? You're cheating behind my back with the same girl ever since!" She continued. "If I haven't caught you today, maybe both of you are already planning for your wedding day!"

WHAT???

"What are you talking about?" Dave frowned while helping me out to take Christine's fingers away from me. "You're thinking way too advance! Why don't we talk privately alone, babe?"

"Privately? You're flirting publicly so I have to defend my throne publicly too! Just who do you think you are to tell me?!" Christine replied furiously. Honestly, I'll never do something like that ever while everybody is watching.

"Stop acting like a kid for once Christine and let's talk!" I know that Dave had finally reached his limit from the way he hold the bridge of his nose.

"Kid? How dare you call me that!!" I should've known that Christine is an insane jealous girl with a strangling attitude.

Finally, she let go of my hair before stepping head to head with Dave. I was still adjusting from the pain on my head when she slapped Dave on his cheek hard. The sound echoed openly that I quickly placed both of my hands to cover my mouth.

"You bastard. We're over." She angrily stated before walking away. I should've prepared myself when she landed a slap on my cheek too! "May you both live disastrously ever after!"

And she walked away like she's the protagonist.

After a few moments of silence, both of us looked into each other

"You okay?" Dave asked courageously while looking at my face. I can still see the handprint on his left cheek and I know it's still tingling from the slap.

"Y-Yeah. How about you?" I asked. Students surrounding us were already giving us a lot of looks. From disgusted looks to amazed looks and it's kinda annoying.

What a terrible scene that just happened today.

"I'll talk to her. I apologize for what she did to you." He replied before gently brushing his messy hair in frustration.

You're really lucky Christine to have this guy as a boyfriend. He even apologized for you but still, you're such a goner.

"We should call it a day." He said.

"Yeah."

"What happened?" I abruptly turned to my back to see Vincent walking toward us while wrapping an arm around Kendra's shoulder. "Both of you looks like you have a loss in the lottery."

"I second that..." Kendra chuckled but we just looked at them without any emotions.

"I'm going home. Take care." Dave palely replied before walking away. "Having a stingy girlfriend is a hard work."

"You fought again?" Vincent curiously asked but Dave just shrugged his shoulder before walking away.

"What happened?" Both of them asked in unison but I just shrugged my shoulder nonchalantly.

"Your cheek turned red. Who slapped you?" Kendra worriedly asked and before I could react, my face is already in her hands. "With a skin as white as yours, I can tell that someone just slapped you. I swear I'll make them pay!"

Kendra is sometimes exceeding her range of care but I've got no complaints to that. I just hope things will end well between me and Dave today.

***