CHAPTER 5: TROUBLESOME BEAUTY

A/N: Have you guys watched the movie series "SQUID GAME"? I thought I'll be seeing a real squid but I was wrong. Anyways, that was the greatest movie I've watched this 2021. Just sharing✌️☺️

RHEA'S POV

"Are you on a diet?" Veron asked out if the blue while chewing her food.

"S-Shut up." I silently stated while forking my food. I cannot stop thinking about that incident on my first day to school. I can't stop thinking about Dave and his acts to embarrass me.

"Don't you like the food?" Mom asked beside me worriedly. I shake my head 'no'.

"You're still upset about Dave, aren't you?" Vincent the jerk asked playfully this time. I can feel the veins on my forehead popping out in annoyance.

"Mind your own business, will you?" I bitchily jerked at Vincent and rolled my eyes at him.

He laughed and hold on his belly. Dad joined his laughter after a few seconds while pointing at me. What is the problem of this men? They're so annoying! I'm busy thinking about what Dave just did to me on my first day and they're stupidly bugging me! I don't want to be embarrassed like that again.

"Boys that's enough. Finish your food and let's go. You'll be late to your work Sweetheart." Mom stated at Dad who stopped laughing and finished his food. Vincent's laughter started vanishing away while fixing his hair.

"I'm going now." Veron stated and get her ass out of the chair, putting her plate on the sink.

Veron and Dad go to school together and I'm left to ride with Vincent. As usual, he would pick Kendra along the way. It's a good thing that I have a friend who understands me. I even told her about my feelings for Dave.

"See you later." Vincent whispered at Kendra and land a smooch on her pink lips before walking away. I should really get used to it.

"Hey Rhea! Are you looking at that poster on the wall about the School Fest?" Kendra asked while pointing at the poster in front of us. I'm busy sulking that I didn't notice the printed paper in front of me.

"The school fest huh?" Checking on the paper, I notice the written letters in different calibris and a large bolded heading on top.

THE SCHOOL FEST: JOIN AND COMPETE WITH YOUR BEAUTIES AND BRAINS! IF YOU'RE INTERESTED TO TO JOIN, PLEASE PROCEED TO THIS BUILDING...

Beauties and brain? Is that even necessary in a school fest?

"I know what you're thinking girl. It's a battle for beauty and brains which means, only women can join this." Kendra happily squealed while patting my shoulder.

"No thank you. I have other works to do." I ignored her remark and walk away. Before my legs would move, a group of senior male students covered the way. I can tell from their physical attributes that they are Criminology students. Clean cut, tall and disciplined attitude.

"Hey Miss beautiful, don't you want to join that battle of beauty?" One of them asked. I started backing away, remembering my trauma from bullying during my childhood. Are they going to hurt me?

"Easy there girl. I'm sorry but she's not used to talking to a bunch of strangers." Kendra pulled me behind her back while kindly talking to the male students.

"We didn't mean to scare you but you are beautiful. You are fit to join that competition." Another one stated with a smile, pointing at me.

"See? Many students wants to see you on stage. You should join!" Kendra happily stated, flattering me. I didn't know what to reply but all I know is that I'm getting fired up with their words.

"S-Sure but I have to go now..." I simply stated and walked passed them. Kendra came running after me with a smile.

"So let's go to that building, shall we before our first subject?" She smiled. I turn to look at her with a calm expression.

"I don't want to be rude to you but how about YOU join? Don't push me because I'm not interested." I quickly stated and waved goodbye.

This time, she caught up to me, holding my shoulder and her lips beside my ears.

"Don't you want Dave to see what you're capable of?" She whispered playfully, making me pause on my spot.

Huh?

"Dave will continue to ignore you if keep hiding in the dark. You can shine to prove him that you're also fit to be his girlfriend unlike his ex." Kendra continued with a laugh that makes me cringe.

I silently walk towards that building that was mentioned on the poster. Kendra walks beside me with glee.

"I'm not going to join because I'm shy to become a talking in front of many people. I'll be there to cheer for you, support you and choose the best make-ups and dresses for you." She stated as we walk towards the door of that building.

But then, we didn't expect a lot of women on the door. W-Wait... I cannot count the number of women, joining the battle. There's just so many!

"W-We should go." I pushed Kendra towards the exit until my eyes met that girl that I didn't wish to see.

"Look who's here..." Christine stated while folding her arms on her chest. "The boyfriend snatcher."

This girl. I remain silent while pausing because she has lots of minions around us, watching us.

"What do you want?" I asked, raising my eye brow.

"I'm joining the competition. How 'bout you, boyfriend snatcher?" She bitchily asked, looking at me with fiery eyes.

I admit that she's really pretty and determined. Dave must be into girls like her but it doesn't mean I should be her.

"I'm not a boyfriend snatcher, nagger." I can hear lots of gasps around me. "And I'm here to join too." I stated with my head raised high with bravery. I cannot just let this girl show-off and make me the bad guy.

"I will win and you will lose. I will beat you and make you pay for stealing Dave from me. You're just a transfer student and you're not famous." Christine remarked, making me stiff. I know that Kendra notices my situation.

I'm not famous unlike you and Dave. I admit it. Maybe fame is what brings people together just like Christine and Dave.

Checking on Christine, she's tall and sexy unlike me. She has a long straight brunette hair unlike me. I'm so small compared to her height. I'm getting jealous on how Dave courted a woman like her.

"That's enough bitch. You said you will win but you lost last year after telling that to another contestant. Poor you. So get out of our way." Kendra sarcastically stated, bumping Christine's shoulder and walk passed her while dragging me.

Christine was stunned on those words, her minions were in shock, even me. Kendra has wild side I didn't know about.

"By the way, we watched how you dumped Dave. It's your fault your relationship is over. Besides, the new queen of the campus is here." Kendra stated, pointing at me with a devilish smile before entering the door.

There are many students looking at us with awe. I just bow my head as we walk past them.

"So beautiful..."
"She's so cute."
"My beauty is nothing compared to hers."
"She looks like a real life Snow white!"

I ignored all those words and signed up on a paper, making me a permanent contestant. I'll just practice on my vacant time though college life is busy.

***!-