CHAPTER 11: SIBLING PROMISE

RHEA'S POV

"Come on Rhea please, I'm begging you. Talk to Kendra for me." Vincent desperately begged, folding his hands together with a pair of puppy eyes. I ignored him while cleaning my nails inside my room on a chair while he almost kneel on the floor in despair.

I went to Kendra's house the day after that incident in the theatre but her mother said she's not there. She was also absent in school that day and yesterday, which literally means, I go to school without any friend. I need to train myself that Kendra is not always there to protect me but I also need to be strong so I can protect her. I'm a terrible bestie...

"Rhea please..." Vincent pleadingly kneeled in front of me while placing one of my hands in between his. I quickly pulled my hands away. This jerk, how could he act like this in front of me? So embarrassing for a famous bandalist. "She won't answer my calls and ignores me everytime we see each other. She pushed me away for like a hundred times. Did I really mess up that bad?" he pleadingly asked.

I just playfully smirked at him.

"If you weren't a jerk in the first place, you won't be pleading me right now." I playfully replied and continued cleaning my nails.

"Sasha just stepped on the stage and kissed me! I didn't have time to react because I'm holding the guitar-" I cut him off after blabbering like a girl.

"Reasons, reasons." I waved him off but he just pulled my hand once more.

"Please, help me talk to her. That's a misunderstanding! I swear in our grandpa's name." He stated, making me turn to meet his fluffy eyes. "I love Kendra. I love her so much." He stated lovingly with pleasing eyes.

But you know, I did what I didn't expect to react.

I laugh so hard that my stomach is aching.

Vincent looks so miserable while pleading and the way he expressed his love for Kendra doesn't suit him. It's not that it doesn't suit him but it's so weird and corny coming from him. I just can't stop laughing my heart out but, his eyes are serious that turned into a sudden vision of sadness. It's so sad and it's my first time to see him like this. My laughs started dying out after I realized how serious he is.

He let go of my hand and stood up to sit on my bed. He ruffled his hair gently before looking up at the ceiling as silence permeate the room. Even the nail cutter on my hand stopped making unnecessary noises.

"I've never been this crazy to a woman." He started. "Kendra is the most amazing, strongest woman I've ever encountered. I'm willing to leave the band for her and I don't ever want her to go, stay away from me or even leave me. I don't think I can stomach that thought." He silently continued.

So, what's he trying to say? That he loves Kendra so much more than his own family? Me?

"Those women in my past, they're just my past, nothing more. If she'll just talk to me, let me explain... I'll never do it again..." He sighed. "And I should've pushed Sasha off me."

Right now, I remembered the pain of watching the man I love from afar loving someone else. I don't ever want Kendra to feel that pain.

"But it happened. Watching the person you love kiss someone else is just..." I started without listening to my mind. Wait... did I just say that out loud?

"Yeah, I know." He ruffled his hair once more. "If another guy were kissing Kendra, I swear that I'll be killing him." he paused before meeting my eyes. "It's painful to let go of the person you love." he admitted but you know, I suddenly feel a pain in my chest.

I sadly looked away and continued cleaning my nails. I don't want to continue talking to Vincent, it flashes back every painful memories from Dave.