CHAPTER 14: TERRIBLE SCENE

Hey there! How you guys doin'? Haha! It is my freetime so it's a short update. Thank you guys😊

RHEA'S POV

"Let's talk, Rhea."

I averted my busy gaze away from the stretched newspaper I was keen to read ever since to look at the source of that swooning voice.

"Yeah. Is there something you want to talk about, Dave?" I asked flatly while trying to throw my gaze away from his frowning pair of brows. I know that right this moment, I messed up.

Is he going to ask about the papers?

Yeah, I totally messed up after taking the examination. I haven't reviewed properly and I hope he understand the incident not long before I took the papers. I think I just failed this term again.

It's a good thing also that he's talking to me personally face to face unlike last time besides, Kendra and Vincent left together not long ago for their private date. Now I'm left all alone by myself in this school pavilion.

"I wanted to talk about the incident awhile back." He groaned while placing one of his muscular hand on his waist. "I hope you weren't traumatized."

At one time, I felt relieved that he wasn't asking much about the papers. So now, we're talking about that incident? I hope I wasn't dreaming.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

There it goes again, the thumping of my heart. Is he worried about me or is he just saying things to flatter me? Oh Rhea, relax. Don't assume.

"O-Of course not!" I quickly replied shyly. "That was unexpected too but I'm fine!" I continued and placed a hand on my chest. I can feel the wild vibration of the pulse from my heart.

"How's the exam? Did you answer the questions well?" He asked clearly and gently took a seat beside me. He's not that close but close enough that I can smell his cologne. That manly scent...

"Y-Yes I did. But... " How will I say this to him? The questions were hard especially the analysis. I am not confident enough to tell him how I struggled to answer every question.

"You don't have to worry about it. It's okay. I'm just teasing you." He replied and chuckled softly. Before I could say something, I can feel another wave of familiar beating in my heart. "And about the message I sent you, don't mind that."

Was he this always flattering?

"I'm expecting something from you this semester and I think it won't go well for now because of the incident that recently happened. I'm just worried about your emotional health. I hope you're not overthinking about how I will react to see your failing grades, if ever." he replied.

Is this guy drunk? First, he's shattering my heart and now, he's flattering it again. Does this man have a period?

But damn heart, you're enjoying it.

"A-Are you worried a-about me?" I knew that I'm speaking what's in my mind but I absent-mindedly speak through my mouth. I quickly hugged myself shyly before abruptly turning to meet his sparkling gaze.

He heard it, didn't he?

He took a deep breath before answering.

"Well, I do... a little. We're friends after all."

I couldn't describe how happy I am deep inside while taking this rare opportunity to look at him straight in his gorgeous eyes, listening to the gentle breeze of our surroundings. Am I dreaming?

"You see, I was a little shock when I heard about that incident and I was thinking about your safety. It's a good thing you were saved and made it to the examinations. That's what I actually feel so I intended to approach you like this." He continued before peeling his gaze away from me to stare at the view in front of us.