@ChaosDancer12 : Don't Cross a Parent

ChaosDancer12 Yay! My second Request is that Cross is the reincarnation of someone, it could be Nim, the Twins' mother, who was actually murdered and cursed by the villagers, right before the Twins were born, so they were guarding her dead body, and Mama Tree is not happy with what has been done to her babies, or Cross could be the reincarnation of the Hollow Knight from Hollow Knight

===== =====

Perhaps it had been a stroke of luck, that the curse that had befallen her had allowed her to at least return, even if it is in a different form. That or her godhood finally decided to give her at least one good thing (three now, actually. Despite Dream and Nightmare being made in a rush and how she barely had any time to interact with them, they are still blessings and she refuses to be a deadbeat mother like Fate).

Cross Sans, is an unfortunate being stuck in constant cycles of being overwritten over and over again. Maybe that was why it took so long for a majority of her memories to return during the Overwrite X. Why, by the time she had fully integrated into her new soul, everything around her was a plain white void with only their own purple tears littering the ground. Also, something else that absolutely bugged them was how they only had half a soul. Usually, they wouldn't mind sharing if it wasn't for the fact that this small ghost of a child kept screaming. It was incredibly tempting to simply rip that part of their soul off and throw it into the gaping void but that would be inappropriate of them. After all, they still had to keep up their reputation as a goddess (not really, anymore. But, having the powers of one counts, right?)

This Chara (who had now dubbed himself 'X') would also be a great way for them to try parenting. Getting practice earlier on is never a particularly bad thing and they don't mind having three children instead of two. Though the children being almost 300 years old apart may cause some problems, that's something for future Nim/Cross to deal with.

As time passed, X began to change. From an angry child who had gone through too much change in such a small period of time, to a child who observed and watched. The first time he had expressed his curiosity was when the skeleton known as Ink had left after visiting them.

"You're not Cross" he said. Not as a question, but as a statement.

Nim/Cross paused for a moment.

"...no, we are." They hummed softly. "We are Cross just as much as we are Nim."

The line between the two had blurred too much for them to be separate beings anymore. Perhaps they could have been able to split their memories a couple of weeks ago, but it was too late now. There was no way to undo what had been done.

"...why are you always so nice to me." The ghost snarled, "surely you've seen Cross' memories. Why haven't you said anything? Asked anything? Why haven't you shouted back yet?"

"Because there's no reason for me to blame you for your anger." Nim/Cross chuckled, "that would be like me trying to hunt down every person who used to try and use me for their own gain."

"What?"

"Nothing, X. It's nothing you should worry about."

"I feel like I should worry about it, considering that we now share a body."

——

Cross was going to kill Fate. Once they got their hands on her, they were going to rip the little scoundrel apart. "How dare she, how dare she do this to him?!" He screamed into the sky.

"...are you alright?" X asked nervously. "I...uh, I haven't seen you this angry before."

"It's nothing~" he sang back, and eye twitching. "It's just... look at him!" he gestured to Nightmare and Error. "I remember sweet sweet Geno, Nightmare used to ramble about him all the time! And now neither of them recognize each other, how could she do this to them!"

Nightmare stared at Cross and leaned closer to Error. "I...believe that I may have made a mistake when I recruited him." he muttered, "...whatever, the others are just as crazy."

Error nodded slowly.

"And Dream!" Cross wailed, "why did he leave Nightmare like that?! I raised him better than this, did he forget literally everything I told him?!"

X slowly backed away as the other continued to ramble about how he was going to make sure that they all had a family reunion without any destruction, would it be too late to get the old Cross back?