Chp.15 | Making It Up to Him

Start from the beginning

Perfect!

VENTI: Ok! Text me if u can

-

And, sure enough, a few seconds later Xiao responded.

Xiao: She said I could. But I have to get home by 7pm

VENTI: ALRIGHT! Walk with me after school

Xiao: Alright

-

And with that, he slipped his phone back into his pocket. Maybe he should've been paying attention to class—he's really close to failing this semesters class. Whatever, he'll just ask to get notes from Diluc later.

-

It felt like forever until the time finally came for Venti to go. And then the bell.

Venti practically shot up in his seat, grabbing his bag.

Bennett smirked,"What's the rush? Got a date with a girl~?"

"No way! I'm hanging out with Xiao." He smiled.

Childe stayed quiet, he usually would've teased him about it. Oh well.

Venti made his way over to Xiao,"Ready to go?"

"Yeah. Just give me a second." Xiao stated in a calm tone, pushing his hair back as he stood up. As Venti was about to head for the door, he felt a hand on his shoulder.

He turned around, it was Childe.

"Venti, why do you never go home with me anymore?" Childe asked, that made Venti feel guilty..

He was aware he didn't walk home with Childe as much anymore, even if he always did. But..he's been going to Xiao's house a lot recently. "I'm sorry, Childe! Next time, I promise!" He quickly bowed, before waving his goodbyes.

He knew Childe was his best friend—but did he really care to walk with him that much? Venti felt bad.

Xiao spoke up as they got out of the door,"Are you not walking home together with Childe because of me?"

"Don't feel bad about it—he's probably just upset about something today. He'll get over it." Venti reassured the other, but he still kept a worried, nervous grin.

"Just—" Venti began,"don't worry about it too much."

Xiao just nodded, looking ahead of him again.
"I'm glad we're friends now."

"I—I am too.." Venti agreed, but couldn't help but feel a bit flustered at the remark for some reason.

"You know, I've never had one."

Venti's eyes widened slightly,"What? A friend?"

Xiao nodded.

"Seriously? How though?! Aren't you like..super popular?"

Xiao looked at Venti like he was an idiot,"I'm not popular?"

Venti's shocked expression was replaced with a dumbfounded one. Was this guy messing with him? "Yeah you are! Why do you think all those girls tower over you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Xiao looked confused.

Venti paused. This guy was being serious... Venti wasn't even sure what to say, he just went silent.

-

They soon reached his house, Venti immediately hugged his mom and gestured Xiao to follow him upstairs.

Venti's room was like any other teenage boys. A bit messy, but clean enough to call it a living space. There were a lot of posters, especially of girls. Well, this was about to be an interesting way to finish off Xiao's day.

"So," Venti shut the door behind Xiao,"I have a lot of video games we could try playing!"

WORD COUNT ; 1003

A/N; i need to go to sleep I have school tomorrow and it's currently 1:11 am