Prologue

The wedding was delayed as the bride paced back and forth in her dressing room.

KNOCK.

KNOCK.

Holly was nervous to open the door, what would people think?

"Holly, babe. Are you okay?" She recognized Jacob's voice coming from the other side of the door.

The anxious bride had two options, open the door and face reality or stay locked in her dressing room until everyone left the church. But she couldn't do that to her family who drove miles out for her wedding and she didn't want to hurt Jacob's feelings.

"You're a big girl, you can do this." Holly opened the door and Jacob slowly walked into the room.

His brown curly hair was slicked back, and his brown eyes darted around the room. Trying to figure out why his fiancé had locked herself into the room. "Holly, what's wrong?" He tried to not look directly at her, because it was bad luck to see the bride before the wedding. "Do you not want to get married anymore?"

Holly sighed, almost holding back a laugh. "I'm not freaking out about the wedding. Of course, I want to marry you."

"Holly, you don't have to lie to me-"

"I'm freaking out over this." She handed him the test that she took last night.

Time froze as Jacob stared down at two blue lines. A slow smile crept on his face; his eyes lit up. "A baby. We're having a baby? We're having a baby!" He scooped up Holly in his arms and peppered her face with kisses, not caring about smudging her makeup. "Holly, this is great news!" He looked up into her green eyes that held back unshed tears and her lips started to quiver. "Holly?"

She shook her head and tried to fight off her mixed emotions. "Yeah, I guess this is great news. I always wanted kids.... but I don't know if I can do this."

"Of course you can, sweetheart, I'll be there every step of the way."

"What if I'm a terrible mother? I didn't even grow up with one. I was raised by my siblings and look how I turned out!"

Jacob brushed his thumb against his nervous fiancé's cheek, wiping away a stray tear that she didn't know had fallen. "I think you turned out pretty great."

Holly looked up at his comforting smile and a wave of reassurance washed over her. "You think so?"

"Holly, you won't be doing this alone. I'll be there, every step of the way. I promise." He took her hand in his. "So, what do you say we go out there and get married?"

"Okay." Holly pressed a kiss to cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too."

The people waiting in the church started to spread rumors about the delay. That the bride called off the wedding, or the groom was caught cheating. But all that was put to rest when Jacob took his place back at the altar and when the music started to play, everyone went quiet.

Holly started to walk down the aisle, bouquet in hand. With every nerve wracking step she took, she looked at Jacob and knew that at the end of the day...everything was going to be alright because she had him by her side.