Chapter 17, Myself and I

The area surrounding me where I am felt empty as usual
But it wasn't the same thing I would feel
It felt cold
I was kinda floating, I could breathe, a bright light was shining in my eyes. No more bad feelings, just a..certain feeling
I open my eyes and found myself in a white room
I was floating in water, strange, I could feel it

  a Reality?

I shrugged it off and continued my way to a bright light
Flower petals start to come towards me as I walked forwards into the water
The flower petals trickled down towards my legs, I picked them up. It was a beautiful purple. It was cute looking...

I continued my way towards the bright light until I slipped into the water.

I hit my back on the ground
I opened my eyes to be in a strange Reality where the building looks soft and bright. I look up and the roof is void-like
I felt calm but I also felt nostalgic and sad.

I looked at my hands I moved them around and they looked blurry
I couldn't tell where I was, until the world vanished.

What remained was a lonely white room where it's just me.

"Did you enjoy it?" I see myself stand in front of me, it looked different, it had my normal wings from months ago. It was the "me" again, it was grinning and waiting for an answer. I nodded. "What was it?" I asked and it responded. "A Dream within a Reality, but I like to call it a Pre-Reality, I put it there since you weren't doing so well.." It said,

I was confused
I couldn't understand
I had multiple questions

"Who Are You?" I asked

"I'm 'you' from the past. You can refer to me as 'it' or 'other'" It responded

"Specifically." I said still confused

"When people make their own reality, objects and such can be made with their memories. For example, Lilith has a Reality of a subway to remember their death and memories." It said holding my hand.

"I'm still very confused, I never thought of a Reality or..you.." I felt their hand, it was cold. "Plus, I don't want to see myself from the past. Can I leave? Can we talk later? I'm trying to be..a better person and not see the Mercury I used to be." I let go and panicked.

It shook its head no.
I sighed and went with what is happening.

"You did it unconsciously to be in a Reality, because your emotions took over. You remember me VERY clearly don't you?" It chuckled, I was starting to get uncomfortable.

"Anyways, the point of a 'Reality' is for certain people to escape the 'other' reality they have to live in. But there are other entities or creatures that use it wrong for their liking, for example, Cross and their idiots." It explained, I was still confused but kept it to myself and acted like I understood. " I see."

"But this white void is you, there are some flaws to it. First it's normal and empty! And then.." It stopped speaking and looked at me.

I see red eyes form around me staring into my soul, I was freaked out so I looked at the ground instead. I didn't want to look into them. A knife was thrown right in front of me. Everything starts to glitch and deteriorate. "MAKE IT STOP!! MAKE IT FUCKING STOP!!" I screamed loudly. It suddenly stopped.

"It must be loud in that head..." it said behind me. I freaked out and jumped back. I was in the brink of tears, the room was already back to normal. I felt "me" hug me close to it. "Let go of me." I said, wiping my tears. "I'm sorry for making you see that." It started to hug me tightly to the point I could barely breathe. "Is this even me?" I thought.

"Basically who I am, is just you, your memories, your true feelings and thoughts. But a little tweaked." It said, "I find it hard to understand and think about..I still have so many questions." I said and it cocked its head.

"How was I able to see Vix's past? Why am I in this so-called Elysian? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME?" I was freaking out but the other "me" calmed me down. "That Crown person that you fought months ago has certain powers, so they pick people to torture someone into believing something, or they use somebody to sneak into someone's past. Crown works with time and all that shit.." It said,

"Elysian, the world you are in is made for others to try to live a peaceful life and avoid the negativity caused around them from their human past and such. But since there has been murders, things have now changed in that world." It explained more and more.

"Cross and their idiots are horrible people living in Selcouth. They are all murderers that never regretted their decision of killing somebody even after dying. And you, you almost got sent there." It finished. "Almost?" I responded. "Well since you don't remember, you almost killed someone by hitting them with a chair at your school. You never regretted it but after you were killed. You regretted everything you did." It explained once again.

"It sounds like something related to religion and such."  I said.

"Is that so?" It responded.

I nodded, "Yeah, heaven and hell, sins, repent, and so on and so on." I tried to think of words related to religion and gave up. "Hmm? I can see that.." It smiled.

"How do you know all this?" I questioned it and it just laughed it off.

"Like I said, I'm a little tweaked...Anyways your Reality is ending soon." It said

"Huh?" I got up and stared at them

"Realities have a limit because if you stay longer, you'll lose your sense of reality when you get back.." It said, "Oh..well see you later maybe?" I watched them slowly fade. "Yup! The Reality is now fading away.." It went white after they said that.

Then it was black.

I felt someone poke me and I opened my eyes to see Vix poking me in the cheek. "Mono called me today to say we have work today! Let's go get ready! I'm excited." Vix runs off to the bathroom getting ready.  I was in a great mood so eventually I got ready pretty quickly. After that, I was finished and so was Vix. We head our way towards the library to work.