Thinking back to it now you remembered trying to figure out what else it could do, the first of which was when you decided to try touching it, relating the feeling to putting your hands on an old tv. The sensation of vibrations traveling through your body followed by a faint ringing.

It didn't talk from what you tried, for being something practically reliant on sound-that came as a shock to you.

"Wish I knew what you were." Muttering that under your breath, you took in a deep breath. Since nobody else could see it, you were always left at a loss.

Sound was really the only guess you were able to think of and following that you looked into different uses for it but haven't gone past just researching it.

Tracing your eyes across the puffy white clouds above, you could hear the music change in genre, something it did often enough that you'd gotten used to it. It really had a mind of its own, enough so that you could even argue with it- those really only leading to your ears becoming more sensitive to the sounds around you.

It was playful as well from what you could tell, enough so that you recalled it throwing your voice around the house to trick your 'parents' into thinking you were elsewhere. That ability was certainly something you took note of right away storing it into the metaphoric memory cabinet of your mind.

A loud chime barely snuck past the loud instrumental playing through your headphones, students gradually began making their way towards the front entrance squeezing past the double doors and filing in much like you were.

Patting down the pleats of your skirt and brushing past a few stationary students- seriously why couldn't they move to the side of the hall- you eventually landed yourself in a spot where you could easily access your locker without issue.

The metal lock felt cold in your hand from the school's AC being cracked all the way, the metal practically fogged up in your grip. Pursing your lips your eyes watched the dial move in place twisting to form your combination before releasing a satisfying click and popping open.

Shifting your bag in place so that you could reach into it your eyes right away drifted over the small stack of papers tucked inside; the assignment that was due. Something you decided to do the entirety of anyways considering you highly doubted that the bruting delinquent would actually do his share of the work and or even show up.

You swore that he just threw out the instructions right after the bell run.

The only reason you even decided to do the whole thing instead of just your half was purely because the mark would be the same for both of you no matter what- there were no individual assessments of the work, just as a whole.

Flicking your fingers between the pages to be sure you had them all a huff left your lips.

Reaching past the sheets towards your afternoon books you tugged them out from within your bag sliding them into your locker in a poor attempt to make your bag even remotely lighter- it was times like these that you wished to have retained the strength of your previous body.

Man, that one was built to perfection in your opinion.

This one was nice too- but it just was a typical teenage body, one that would rather spend time at the mall shopping and fretting about who'd ask them out as opposed to working out.

Enough so that when it was re-inhabited by you that your 'parent' thought you were sick for the first few weeks claiming that the way you act was completely out of character.

It took quite a bit of time for you to establish your own persona when around them but that period passed by in a flash. Sure things from this person's previous life still remained but at this point you'd like to assume you'd accomplished some sort of individuality.

Lost in thought you failed to notice the hallway grow quiet, only the whispering of friends to one another. The gentle clang of a chain and shoes tapped against the ground sounded, but it wasn't till your locker door was opened to its full extent did you peer over and slip your headphones back around your neck.

Teal hues stared down at you from below a sleek black brim, the man's expression beneath it remained vacant and as you were about to ask what he wanted before a stack of white papers was shoved before your face, his voice ringing out right after.

"I'm not going to be in class today."

Those were the only words he uttered before practically dropping the papers into your hands, turning swiftly to walk off, the large chain attached to his uniform clanked as he did so and you could only furrow your brows unable to comprehend what had just happened.

Flipping the papers that'd been shoved into your hands, your eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets. Each one was filled from top to bottom in neat newspaper-like writing, something you didn't expect from the man, but were pleasantly surprised by nonetheless.

He had nice writing.

Another surprise came when you realized that all the papers were the entire assignment, meaning instead of just doing half like you'd told him to- he did the whole thing as well, dare you say maybe even more than you had.

"Well, I'll be damned."

Skimming a few more pages your eyes flickered up towards where he'd walked off to before trailing back down towards the papers.

Shifting them in hand you eventually neared the last page, eyes landing on what seemed to have been a small doodle on the very bottom corner of the page that seemed half-erased, something you wouldn't have expected from the large intimidating man.

Looking at it a bit closer you could see it was just a collection of little stars, the ones you'd draw by starting off with a v then continuing from there. The collection of them was enough to make up a tiny solar system and you couldn't help but let out a faint laugh at how one of them even had a little arch drawn after it.

Passing over them your eyes then landed on a note by the bottom, the words 'use whatever' were right underneath the faint stars and were written light enough that you could erase them without worrying about any marks being left behind.

Taking in a breath and letting out a melodic hum, you tucked the papers into your locker briefly skimming through them to find where both of your split assigned questions were. Proceeding afterward to put the partial stacks together.

In theory, now there were two fully finished copies of the assignment and either one of them could hypothetically be turned in, though you figured you'd just stick with turning in the original plan of your work for the first half then his.

Perhaps he wasn't as much of an asshole as you thought he was. . .that or he just isn't one to fail a class.

It really could be either, the man barely shows up to his classes anyways, and yet- you haven't heard of him failing any of them.

Shaking your head a smile had made its way onto your expression.

◥✥◤

I felt like today went really well so I wanted to post another chapter! Hope you all enjoy!