(◕▾◕✿)

At the end of the day, Orihime packed up her supplies.

"Hime, where'd you go during lunch?" Tatsuki Arisawa asked Orihime. Tatsuki was a studious and pretty girl at their high school and someone Orihime considered a friend. The three of them—Tatsuki, Ichigo, and Orihime—took karate together. Orihime chose not to continue karate at the start of high school, but she still joined Tatsuki in the occasional morning jog or weekend spar.

"I went for a walk," Orihime said with a smile. "Why?"

"Did you encounter Ichigo? He was acting super weird today."

"Huh?" Orihime blinked. "No? What do you mean by weird?"

"A total pervert."

"Ehh...? That doesn't sound like Ichigo at all."

"That's why it's weird," said Tatsuki. "Anyway, if he tries to lunge at you kick him, okay?"

"I don't think that'll be an issue," said Orihime. She looked over at Ichigo and Rukia's desk, noticing their bags were still there.

'Looks like Rukia and Ichigo didn't make it back,' she thought.

Tatsuki shrugged. "Whatever you say. But if I see him jump you—"

Orihime wanted to snort at the thought. She refrained because she thought it wouldn't be dainty. "Everything will be fine, Tatsuki."

"Sure, sure." Tatsuki headed out of the classroom.

Orihime grabbed Ichigo's bag and Rukia's bento that Orihime made for her that morning. She sent a text to Ichigo, letting him know that she'd bring her stuff home so he wouldn't need to return to school. She guessed Rukia would be with him, so he could let Rukia know as well.

"Heading home, Miss Suzuran?"

Orihime paused in packing up her supplies to look up at Uryū Ishida

Orihime paused in packing up her supplies to look up at Uryū Ishida. He was one of the few students who insisted on addressing everyone by their last name, no matter how many times people asked him to use their first name. It heckled some people, causing them to call Uryū cold for his overly formal nature.

Orihime didn't mind. Her mother called her a princess, and princesses were always elegant, graceful, and polite. Orihime loved to meet that standard, taking simple joy in acting like the princess her mother called her. That was why Orihime used miss or mister even for people her own age, and why she called Mother as Mother instead of Mama or Mom. She thought those were things a princess would do.

Orihime smiled at Uryū. "I am, Mr. Ishida."

Uryū Ishida adjusted his glasses. "Do you require an escort?"

"No, but thank you kindly for the offer."

"Of course. Please be safe going home."

"Yes, same to you."