{Chapter 8} Pillows, they really do work!

Magsimula sa umpisa

“Well you can’t, because then she’ll know I came running to you and think I need you to defend my battles for me.” I said as Caitlin stared at me incredulously.

“You do.” She stated as I blushed slightly.

“Well yeah, but we’re not here to talk about that.” I waved off as she sighed rubbing her temples together.

“Then what are we talking about? Because now you have me confused? Why can’t you just tell Fred you want to go with him again?” she asked as I sighed.

“Well… First off, it’s not like I really mind if I go with him or not, and I’ve already asked Matt, and he accepted happily. So I can’t just blow him off, he’s a nice guy.” I said as Caitlin frowned slightly.

“Are you falling for Tom’s boy?” Caitlin asked as I felt the blush creep on my face.

“No….” I said quietly, was I falling for Matt? Nah. “Look, I can’t just blow him off. I’m really not sure actually what I’m trying to do…. I mean I want Fred to notice me when were at the wedding…” I said as I immediately clamped my hands over my mouth, realizing I just said that out loud. I looked up wide eyes to see Caitlin grinning evilly at me.

“Oh I can make that happen.” She said with an air of confidence, that I feared so much.

“What do you mean?” I asked hesitantly.

“You’ll see. I mean you are my bridesmaid.” She said as I cocked an eyebrow.

“What does that mean? So are Ginny and umm…. Hermione.” I said slightly forgetting the other girl’s name. I’ve met them once before, but sometimes it was still hard trying to remember.

“Well, I do get to pick what my bridesmaids will wear.” She said with a smirk as my eyes widened even more.

“You wouldn’t possibly make me wear something….. revealing.” I said as she smiled.

“We’ll see.” She said as I glared at her.

“Caitlin!” I whined as she smiled.

“Well if you would have just told Fred you wanted to go with him in the first place, you would not be in this situation now would you?” she asked as I felt the heat rise to my cheeks.

“I never said….” I trailed off, I mean I sort of did want to go with Fred, but it’s not like it was a big deal or anything…. I mean, not really.

“Caitlin! Are you and Miss Marley done with your girl talk yet?” I heard a familiar voice ask as George popped his head in through the door. Caitlin sent him daggers.

“NO! We are trying to have a private conversation here, sweetheart!” she yelled as she grabbed a pillow off of the bed and threw it at George’s face. It hit him lightly and fell to the ground with a small thud. He just looked at her with an emotionless face.