{Chapter 14} The Other Marley

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry POtter characters :)

Chapter 14: The Other Marley

            My eyes were slowly fluttering open as I realized I was laying on a white floor. I straightened up, now in a sitting position as I looked around myself, to see nothing but white. It was so white my eyes were a little confused at the scenery. I then noticed something, something glistened in the light as the light reflecting off of something. I stood up cautiously,  “Hello?” I called out, unsure what I was doing or where I was. “Hello? Anyone here?” I called out as I stood up walking towards an object ahead of me. It looked to be a person, a girl perhaps, since the object had slightly short curly brown hair. I continued to walk closer, cautiously, still unaware of what was happening. “Excuse me.” I said as I neared the person, but when I got closer I felt as if I had ran into a wall.

I stumbled back a few steps, curiously looking at the invisible wall in front of me. I placed my hand over it, running it against the smooth surface, to realize that it was in fact a glass-like wall, blocking my path. I knocked on the piece of glass trying to get the person’s attention that was just on the other side. “Excuse me, are you okay in there?” I called out. I looked around to see if there was a way to get inside to the girl, but I couldn’t seen anyway.

“There’s no way to get to me, at least, not yet.” I heard the person call out from the other side. Strange, even though we were separated by this invisible glass wall, I could hear her perfectly, as if she was standing right next to me. Her voice sounded familiar as well, “That’s because it is familiar.” She said as I blinked, could she read my thoughts. “Technically no, I can only read my own thoughts.”

“How do you know what I’m saying then?” I asked looking at the person sitting on the ground, “Where am I? And who are you?” I questioned, wanting to know what was going on.

The girl stood up from her spot on the ground as she started to turn around, once she was turned around and looking at me, my eyes widened in disbelief. I could not believe what I was seeing, it was ME. I was standing in front of myself, except… I didn’t have the same facial feature I had now, and I was walking not standing. “To answer you’re questioned in order: I know what you’re saying because well it’s my mind so I know what I’m saying. You are in your head I suppose, probably dreaming. And I’m you, and you are me.”

“That’s impossible.” I murmured as I smiled.

“Oh trust me, nothing is impossible. I mean we’re friends with wizards aren’t we? And we have a daughter that can teleport anywhere she wants, and do magic?” I questioned as I looked at myself curiously, this would take some getting use to.

“If you’re me, then why are you behind this glass.” I said as I placed my hand on the smooth surface of the invisible glass. It was there, I wasn’t making this up. I sighed from behind the glass.

“Because you’re taking so long remembering everything.” I said as I looked at my doppelganger.